CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: i need info. on a Watauga 12ga. shotgun
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 11:41 am 
Utility Grade

I just bought a Watauga 12ga. It has no markings except for the word Watauga and the #5036. Does anyone know when it was made, who made is or any history they may have :!:
Thank you

Post subject: Re: i need info. on a Watauga 12ga. shotgun
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 12:35 pm 
Crown Grade

Wautauga :made by Crescent (some models) made for Wallace Hardware Co of Morristown Tn

Is yours a single shot or double barrel? There are some pictures of Crescents in our Archives http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=169

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:20 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a Watauga shotgun that belonged to my great grandfather. I am 50. He was from Morristown Tennessee area and was probably born in the 1862. It is a single barrell, single shot. It has the name stamped in the left side. There are some patent dates -- very hard to read -- but it looks like "Aug 15 91, Aug 1 96, Aug 14 00" It has a "12" stamped in the bottom of the barrell just in front of the small wooden forearm. When you take the gun apart by unscrewing the hinge pin, the bottom of the barrell base (that fits into the stock receiver) has the number 79173 stamped in it.

Do you have pictures of your shotgun? I could email you pic's of this one.

Phil Breeden

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:41 pm 
Crown Grade

Hey Phil, just so you know, Greyeagle hasn't been back in well over a year, he had this post set for notification of reply which should have drawn him back but his email is full , just got the kick-back on our email system.

I do want to thank you for using the search feature, many visitors do not and miss out on lot's of great info.

Your sounds a lot like a Hopkins and Allen Forehand model, if you'd like you can email me ( marlands@mtco.com ) or post pics in our photos section linked at the top.