CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The butt stroke is still a viable self-defense action
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:39 am 
Crown Grade

From an Award description for a Marine from Afghanistan.

Note: The most common Taliban medium machine gun is the pkm, about 20 pounds loaded with a belt of 7.62x54r ammo. This factors in later in the story.

This was sent to me by a Master Gunnery Sergeant. It's reliable.

Corporal X clanks when he walks.

On 18 June 2010, CAAT White Bravo was screening in the Musa Qal'eh Wadi when it came under intense and accurate machine gun fire. After the vehicles returned fire, dismounts were pushed out to close with the enemy.

Once the dismounts moved away from the vehicles, the company began receiving indications and warnings that the enemy was preparing an ambush for the dismounted squad.

Corporal X took his fire team and pushed around the suspected enemy flank. During the movement, Corporal X's fire team received fire from a tree line 100 meters away. Corporal X directed his Marines to return fire and close on the tree line.

Once Corporal X arrived at the tree line, his Marines noticed approximately 15 enemy fighters carrying machine guns, Rocket Propelled Grenades (RPG) and rifles. The fighters were gathering in preparation to ambush the other portion of the dismounted squad.

Corporal X emplaced his Marines and proceeded to engage the enemy fighters. During the engagement, Corporal X and his Marines killed five enemy fighters, wounded three, and forced the others to break contact and run away behind the compound.

While his Marines held observation on the downed enemy fighters and waited to link up with the rest of the squad, Corporal X picked up flank security.

While on flank security, he heard voices around the corner of an adjacent wall. Corporal X then pushed around the corner and saw two enemy fighters moving into an ambush position less than 25 meters away. He immediately engaged with two bursts from his M-249 Squad Automatic Weapon, killing both fighters.

Immediately after killing the fighters, he began to re-load his weapon and noticed the barrel of a medium machine gun appear around the corner of a wall less than five feet away from him.

Knowing his weapon was out of ammunition, Corporal X grabbed the barrel of the enemy's weapon, threw the fighter to the ground, and became engaged in hand to hand combat.During the fighting, Corporal X made multiple attempts to subdue the fighter.

When the fighter made an attempt to grab one of his hand grenades Corporal X grabbed the enemy's machine gun and butt stroked the fighter, killing him instantly.

Corporal X's bravery and aggression saved the lives of his fellow Marines by forcing the enemy to withdraw from the ambush and dealt the enemy a tremendous defeat and instilled fear in the remaining fighters.

Post subject: Re: The butt stroke is still a viable self-defense action
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:11 am 
Crown Grade

Holy f**king crap! Good on the corporal. Though a but stroke in this situation seems to me more like bashing someone in the head with 20 pounds of pkm...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:05 am 
Tournament Grade

Whatever it takes! Good on him! What award and as such, why the persec in the article if the cite will appear in Leatherneck anyway?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:38 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

There was a British soldier a little while back who took out a PKM gunner with his bayonet. I don't remember the details but he came walking back out of the emplacement covered in blood with a PKM over his shoulder.

There are some toughass dudes out ther.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:16 pm 
Tournament Grade

A Marine early on in the invasion of Iraq chased down an insurgent that ran from an ambush the Marines successfully turned and dispatched the insurgent with his USMC bayonet. Early on in Afghanistan, an SF operator beat an insurgent to death with a combination of his M4 and fists, if I recall the article correctly.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:13 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

O'DubhGhaill wrote:
Whatever it takes! Good on him! What award and as such, why the persec in the article if the cite will appear in Leatherneck anyway?

If this is the example I think it is, it is because he is being considered for the MOH. The award has not been finalized yet.
Again, this is if it is the case I'm thinking of.

http://www.weaponevolution.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:43 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

There is a world of difference between being a "gunfighter" and a fighter with a gun.

"There is no maxim, in my opinion, which is more liable to be misapplied, and which, therefore, more needs elucidation, than the interest of the majority is the political standard of right and wrong." ~ James Madison

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:24 pm 
Crown Grade

O'DubhGhaill wrote:
A Marine early on in the invasion of Iraq chased down an insurgent that ran from an ambush the Marines successfully turned and dispatched the insurgent with his USMC bayonet. Early on in Afghanistan, an SF operator beat an insurgent to death with a combination of his M4 and fists, if I recall the article correctly.

There was a British squad in Iraq that got trapped by an ambush, they broke loose and turned the tables through the successful use of a bayonet charge.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:22 pm 
Limited Edition

You got me to register with this thread.

There is a reason why in the Marine Corps infantry we are trained in more then just pulling a trigger. There is a state of mind that is drilled to defeat any enemy using any means neccasary. We are warriors not because we are trained to fight. We ae warriors because we are trained not to lose.

I do bayonet drills as often as I shoot my 590A1.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:35 pm 
Presentation Grade

We shouldn't over look one of the great lessons of this story:

If you lead with the barrel some BAMF may take your gun away and club you in the head with it.

RJM

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:04 am 
Presentation Grade

Note to self: Find and make friends with that dude.