CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: need help asap on beretta al391 urika RECOIL SPRING
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:22 pm 
Field Grade

well ive had my urika for a few years now shot a lot of skeet the past few years with it and i can tell the recoil spring is wore out it kicks harder with duck loads and you can even feel it with light loads. i seen where your suppose to change it i think every 1000 rds. well here comes all of my problems i can take apart the gun really well no problems there, well i need to change the spring so i pulled the recoil pad off removed the bolt holding the stock on, and seen the tube where the recoil spring is. I seen there were notches cut in the bolt at the end of the threads so i figured it just screwed on so i took a wrench put on there and no luck the wrench actually went down into the threads :( but it goes back on fine just a little hard to get started so before i order a new tube and spring...how do i get it off? ive searched the net and youtube and its not in the manual either any help would be greatly appreciated with duck season coming soon.

Post subject: Re: need help asap on beretta al391 urika RECOIL SPRING
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:42 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

There is a section on replacing the recoil spring in this post viewtopic.php?f=57&t=101242

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:57 pm 
Field Grade

thanks so much that helps a lot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:02 am 
Diamond Grade

shane071489, Never try to force anything. I hope you didn't round out the flats on the end of the threaded section. As you know by now you need to use heat to break the lock tight. If moderate force doesn't work stop and get help. You don't want to know what a bugger it is to replace that spring tube! I think changing the spring every 5000 round is plenty.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:38 am 
Field Grade

yeah ive had it 5 years probally and it has never been changed and i shoot a lot. i actually rounded it a little but im just gonna replace the cap and the spring all together it was 17.00 so wasnt bad even though shipping from coleguns was 14.00 haha makes no sense. i just heated it up and it came right out wish i would of seen that first haha, thanks for all the help this really helped out

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:59 am 
Crown Grade

Order yourself Seamus's book :wink: best invest a Beretta auto shooter can make :D

Randy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:12 pm 
Field Grade

ha might look into that later if i run into another problem ha, this is actually a fairly easy gun to assemble and disassemble. rico1153 did you put loc tite back on your cap?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:40 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

+1 on what Randy wrote.

Get the book now before you have to go back into that gun. It is cheap insurance.

"A peculiar virtue in wildlife ethics is that the hunter ordinarily has no gallery to applaud or disapprove of his conduct. Whatever his acts, they are dictated by his own conscience, rather than by a mob of onlookers." Aldo Leopold