CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Charles Daly 12ga auto pointer, any info?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:03 am 
Utility Grade

I was recently given a Charles Daly auto pointer 12 ga shotgun, by my granddad. It is a semi auto, shoots 2-3/4 shells, has a 30" vent rib barrel, and i was told a full choke. Don't know alot about firearms, know some, im just getting into them. My question is, is this an ok shotgun? I have been told it is the same design as the Browning a-5. He gave me a box of shells with it Western super x magnum #4. Thank you for your time.

Post subject: Re: Charles Daly 12ga auto pointer, any info?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:04 pm 
Presentation Grade

Depending on what you want to do with it will decide if it is an "OK" shotgun. What do you want to do with it? It certainly is worth the price for one thing.

Post subject: Re: Charles Daly 12ga auto pointer, any info?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:25 am 
ID & Value Expert
ID & Value Expert

The Auto Pointer was made in Japan and is one of many A5 knockoffs. They are a pretty well made gun. Parts are alomst non-existent. Parts for the A5, Remington M11 &RAS, Savage series 720 and others will not interchange with the Auto Pointer.