CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How to install the plug?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:19 pm 
Utility Grade

Did a search and read the manual but did not find the correct way to install the plug limiting the M37 Ohio built featherlite to 3 rounds. When I got the gun last year, I put the plug inside the spring. Only problem is when I was rotating the weapon back and forth, I could hear the plug moving up and down the spring. So, I took out the plug, place the spring in the magazine tube first and then the plug on top. What is the proper way to put the plug into the magazine well? Thanks. Also learned today that Ithaca will not sell you just the receiver...found that odd. Lastly, hurry up with the Pheonix already. Love my Ithacas by the way.

Post subject: Re: How to install the plug?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:46 pm 
Utility Grade

Weeeellll, I answered my own question, kind of. The plug itself has writing that says put it inside the spring and once agian, I can hear the plug traveling up and down the magazine. Guess it is something you live with.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:56 pm 
Limited Edition

Yes, it will rattle some......that's normal. On some other guns like my extrema 2 and Vinci, not rattling at all. Some guns have some quirks and issues but overall, I can live with alittle rattlling. The M37 is not a perfecto gun, but a light one that's easy to carry and fun to shoot for a pump. I do like mine.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:26 am 
Crown Grade

One way to eliminate the rattle of the 3 limit shell plug is to make your own out of thick balsa wood the same length as the plastic plug that came with the gun, just a little bit narrower than the interior space of the magazine spring. Then round off the edges of the ends of the balsa wood plug with sandpaper, which is easy with the soft balsa wood. Insert balsa wood plug inside the magazine spring and re-install. You now have a 3 shell plug with no rough/sharp edges to catch on the spring coils, and is much quieter.

You can look at some gun auction/sales sights as the old plugs are sometimes still found for sale on those, or even Ebay, to see what the old wood plugs used to look like that Ithaca used to use.