Hi, first time poster here. I want to say thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide. I have a Springfield 16 gauge double barrel shotgun I recently got from a great uncle. He said he bought it 40 or 50 years ago at a garage sale. I'm interested to know as much about it as possible. Particularly how old it is, how much it might be worth, and how good it is as a shooter for clays. Here's what I know:
* The serial # located on the receiver and the bottom of the barrel only visible with the breech open is E23347
* It says "Springfield Arms Company Chicopee Falls Mass USA" on the reveiver
* It says "Selected Forged Steel" on one barrel and "Proof Tested 16 Gauge" on the other
* It has a small 22 with a circle around it about where the forearm meets the receiver
* It has definitely been used
* It will fit a 2 3/4" shell
Here are some pictures of it.