CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Old paper shotgun shells??
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:18 pm 
Field Grade

Was going through my Dad's stuff and found some of the old paper shotgun shells that I remember using as a kid (back in the early 60's). Are they of any value that you know of to collectors? If not, I'm assuming they would certainly be safe to fire in a modern Benelli Onyx, right? (remembered an old side by side we used that had the Damascus barrel - yikes....)

Post subject: Re: Old paper shotgun shells??
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:22 pm 
Crown Grade

Most common paper shells from the 1960s don't yet have much "collector" value unless in really crisp full boxes. You may find rather spotty ignition as after 50 years the primers may be deteriorating.

You can check the prices the items have sold for in the recent Wards auction -- https://www.wardscollectibles.com/

Post subject: Re: Old paper shotgun shells??
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:30 am 
Presentation Grade

I love the way fired paper shells smell on a cool morning.
Last year we going through my uncles stuff in his house. In an old chest we found a metal box of unfired brass 12 gauge shells. Pretty cool.