CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pro reach bushing data for YOU
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:37 pm 
Tournament Grade

i made a quick call to mech, cause i was wanting to make a few loads with that pro reach powder from alliant.

Bushing 18..----16.5 grains
Bushing 19..----17.3 grains
Bushing 20..----18.0 grains
Bushing 21..----18.9 grains.

im gonna use one of the alliant powder recipes for 28ga, but there was no bushing/powder charts anywhere to be found for this newer powder. so i made a call.

hope this might help some people who want to make up a load with this new powder. i only did a few bushings cause i wont be needing any of the others for my loads. they also said that you cant find the info on the net. it is only stored on there computers at mech

from looking at the alliant reloaders guide, 28ga, Hs hulls, i liked that the psi, was alot lower, and the fps was faster...

any good places to buy this pro reach powder on the net? everywhere i have seen has a 25.00 haz mat charge so i would be looking at about 60 buck for a 1lb bottle.......yikes. i cant find it locally........not yet at least!!!

Post subject: Re: Pro reach bushing data for YOU
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:51 pm 
Diamond Grade

Every place will charge it as it is a UPS surcharge. Buy it in the big bottle.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:42 pm 
Tournament Grade

BBK wrote:
Every place will charge it as it is a UPS surcharge. Buy it in the big bottle.

ya im gonna go 8lbs and with a new wad, and i should be happy and good to go. and i will probably buy the primers in the 1000 pack as well. since i have to pay a haz mat fee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:31 pm 
Diamond Grade

Yeah, I too was looking for a bushing chart and none exsisted. Someone on SGW posted what they got from a # 32 bushing and then I used the Bushing I.D. chart to figure volume then reduced until I got around the range bushing I needed. I only had on hand components for the Remington hull load. I loaded for 1,300 using the STS hull, PT 28 wad, Rem 209 with 3/4 Oz. of 7.5s. I tell you I'm amazed at how close that load shoots to the Remington Nitro sporting clays load for 28 Ga. Shooting that through LM & M chokes there were some pretty good smoke balls!!!

NSCA # 606314
682 Gold E sporting
687 EELL 20/28 GA
391 Gold sporting
870 wingmaster