CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sling Mounts.............. GG&G or ?????
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:18 am 
Utility Grade

Since Mossberg has decided we don't need a front sling mount on the 930 SPX :roll: , what are the choices other than GG&G's effort? http://www.gggaz.com/index.php?id=312

I am not really keen on using the little stub Mossberg puts on the rear, yet I am also not really keen on GG&G's side mount style. Sure it allows for QCB entry, but this is just for home defense. No need to get all tactical. :lol:

Any other options out there.

Post subject: Re: Sling Mounts.............. GG&G or ?????
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:14 pm 
Utility Grade

the only mount options are either under the front barrel (mag cap sling stud) and bottom of stock or one/two point side mount with front side mount.

if you don't prefer side or under mounts, don't use a sling.

me personally, I just use the under stock mount with mag cap mount with a quick adjust sling. I agree that I don't need a tactical sling setup for home defense, but I want to have something where I can secure my shotgun on my person should I need both hands for anything. Others also prefer to not use a sling at all for home defense because of the snag factor that could occur when racking. I don't have that issue with my Mossberg 930 semi-auto.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:50 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Here's the GG&G set up I started running on mine.....

This was the GG& G front sling attachment set-up, it worked good, but I was trying to do three gun games and it just kept getting in the way and slowing me down... I have since taken it off and just run it "clean", no slings to snag.

It's not like I'm carrying the gun around a lot...

Smitty

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:46 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

On the front you have the option of several sling plates. The GG&G model, or one of the SGT/Vang/Wilson models for the 870/1187 that position the sling at either side or the bottom.

The other option is one of the mag tube clamps, several of which have a sling mount as part of the clamp. I would recommend either the Nordic or CDM Gear units. Some clamps have rail lengths that you can mount a sling mount to.

For the rear, I really don't like the molded in POS mount. I've seen them hog out with abuse. I use the FSA from Gear Sector.

There are similar items from Blue Force Gear and several others.

http://www.weaponevolution.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:54 am 
Field Grade

+1 GG&G

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:37 pm 
Utility Grade

Mesa Tactical makes a few forms of the Receiver mounted sling mounts.

http://www.smartgunner.com/90260.aspx. I think the hook loop is a little better personally. Have one ordered for my new Mav 88. Using a similar type sling for my AR.

http://www.deltaforce.com/catalog/shotg ... ories.html - Never ordered from, just find them to have some better pictures.

Here's another example of the mount.

Last edited by chevellemrwl on Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:39 pm 
Utility Grade

This is the Sling style. From Mesa Tactical. I like the GG&G version too.