It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: J.C. Higgins
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:14 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

J.C. Higgins

model 20

Q Hi I just purchased a JC Higgins shotgun model 20 unfired it has a polychoke can you give any info "EX" age original cost todays value thankyou Bernie
A According to the Blue Book of Gun Values the Model 20 is actually a High Standard Model 200. Unfortunately, I don't have an approximate value for this model.

Q I only have the model# it's 101.1
J.C. higgins /Sears and Roebuck single shot . The gun was purchaced sometime in the 50s or early 60's do you have any info on this like history,maufactor,&etc?

A the sears/jcHiggins 101.1 is the same as a Savage 94 But I have no info on that model..... And the Savage 94 is the same as a Stevens 94.
does this sound like it?? Takedown. Visible Hammer. Auto ejector. plain pistol grip and fore arm made 1939-61 valu around $95
Now if it has a checkered stock and fluted forearm i's a 94c made '65-90 valued at around $125

Q I need info on this 16 gauge family heirloom. Iknow it was sold by Sears, Roebuck and Co. Other than that I have no info. Please help

[/b] A [/b] The J.C. Higgins Model 102.25 was a store brand shotgun. I think it actually is the the Stevens Model 520A Pump Shotgun.
100% = $190
98% = $180
90% = $125

Q Hi, I'm trying to find out some info on my 20 ga. and am finding it difficult, any and all info you could give would be greatly appreciated. Here is the info written on the gun
J.C. Higgins model 583.15
Sears.Roebuck and co.
proof tested 20ga.full
2 3/4 chamber

A You actually on a High Standard Model 10.
The Blue Book says that it is a combat shotgun, semi-auto, with a ton of neat gadgets. Does this sound like yours?
Estimated Value:
100% = $650
90% = $425

Q I would like to know the value of my JC higgins Shotgun. It is model number 583.16 with a 2 3/4 chamber, bolt action proof tested, 12 Gage, full choke
[/b] A [/b] It's a High Standard model 10 and that Sears did a recall on the bolt some years back.

Q The classic, 'going through grandpa's storage after he passed and found his shotgun'. It is a 1950s JC Higgins 16 GA bolt action 583.21.

A According to Numrich's Crossreference , the shotgun was made for J.C. Higgins by High Standard, the model is #10. I can't find anything else out about it.

Q I am trying to find out information on a particular shotgun. I am trying
to find out how old the gun is, and if anyone still makes parts.
Here is the gun:
JC Higgens-It was purchased at Sears & Roebuck
Model 20
12 Gauge
2-3/4 lead shells
Serial # 583.53

A The J.C. Higgens Model 20 is actually a High Standard Model 200. However, I wasn't able to find a value listed. If it's a pump then I suspect that it is a 'Flight King' model. If so then the approximate value is in the $150 to $250 range

Q I HAVE A JC HIGGINS MODEL 20, SEAR, ROEBUCK, AND CO.
SERIAL NUMBER 583.56 THAT WAS GIVEN TO ME. IT IS A PUMP 12 GA. WITH A 2 3/4 CHAMBER. I AM LOOKING FOR ANY INFO. SUCH AS VALUE, AND IF AN OWNERS MANUAL CAN BE OBTAINED FOR IT. I ALSO AM LOOKING TO SEE IF THERE IS ANY WAY TO GET DIFFERENT SIZE CHOKES FOR IT.

A My book says you actually have the High Standard Model 200.
Value at 100% condition is approximately $200. Have a gunsmith look at the choke threads to see if another manufacturer's chokes or third party has chokes for it. I would hate to just guess on this question.

Q my "model #" is 583.60 what can you tell me about this?

A I'm afraid yours is one of the models I can't cross reference. There were about a hundred 583.xx models and I can't cross reference twenty or so. Most in that range were the High Standard models, but that's just a guess