CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Franchi 1-12 diamond - Benelli montefeltro
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:44 pm 
Utility Grade

Iv been looking for a nice semi to buy. Went to Gander and both of these guns were on the used rack, looked new to me. The price tags were 750 on both of them. I was going to look at the mossberg 930 but they didnt have any. so my question is out of the 3, which would you take. would you spend the money on the franchi or benelli, or save the money and get a mossberg? suggestions?

Post subject: Re: Franchi 1-12 diamond - Benelli montefeltro
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:07 pm 
Presentation Grade

The monte would be my choice. But you know if you have it to spend or not.

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities-his eternal power and divine nature-have clearly been seen, being understood from what has been made , so that men are without excuse. Romans 1:20
Design demands a designer.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:02 am 
Limited Edition

I asked myself the same question not too long ago, I bought the monefeltro.
Did you note the barrel lengths? I like 28.
What is the use for?
How does each fit you?
Are shims and case and chokes still with the gun?
I believe the montereltro is built a little better judging by the amount of Franci complaints vs benelli complaints.

.45ACP is......(mind wandering)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:34 am 
Crown Grade

all around shotgun, the Benelli M2 if I could only have one...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:37 am 
Crown Grade

Depends what it's for, but off the top of my head, a Montefeltro. But I'm me, and I know what hunting I do. A Monte in 20 is especially nice IMO.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:07 am 
Crown Grade

Wow that's an easy one! The only wild card is how cheap can you get the Mossy. If it's like $350 or something and you hardly ever shoot that may be the way.

Otherwise, check ableammo.com, NEW I-12s (black synthetic) sell for around $750. Montes start at $1150. I suspect if you check used prices on gunbroker or gunsamerica you will find that the Benelli will hold its value a lot better, as well. And OBTW I'm a Franchi fan, but this one's a no brainer.

SuperXOne wrote:
Obama doesn't lead, and he never has lead, and that's not his political style to lead, and that's not what community organizers do.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:04 pm 
Utility Grade

Okay thanks for the input, and is 750 for the monte a good price? It seems almost new?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:09 pm 
Field Grade

$700 - $900 is about the going rate for a used Montfeltro in my area. $750 with the factory hard case, and chokes is a fair price.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:04 pm 
Tournament Grade

That price on the Monti is very fair considering the fine quality and good condition, The I-12's have been riddled with nagging problems some are ok some are not and Franchi customer service is hit and miss, Benelli's service is very good but I dont think you will ever have to find out with a Monti :D I would not look at anything other than the Benelli it may not be there long though so you might want to hurry!

Kurt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:24 am 

Kurt Lehman wrote:
Franchi customer service is hit and miss, Benelli's service is very good

That's odd since they are one and the same.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:58 am 
Presentation Grade

My buddy went through 2 I-12's in 2 years.........Franchi gave him a full refund !! I wouldn't touch one !! Both jammers

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:17 am 
Tournament Grade

I know of a couple people that went through heck to get there I-12's repaired and finally sold them and others that had good luck so there you go! kind of hit and miss alot like Beretta :( so far nothing but good luck with Benelli knock on wood!

Kurt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:28 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I own all three guns. They all are great guns. The mossberg is defiantly a lower grade, but still a good gun. The I-12 Diamond is my favorite. It is actually a 1868 that is only imported for Dicks. Here is the link to the non-imported version.
http://www.franchi.com/Product/index.asp?ID=730

Maybe I just got a good one, but the diamond is a higher grade than the standard black and camo I-12's. It fits me well, and hasn't given me a lick of problems.

That being said I like the montefeltro if the price is the same. I would go Montefeltro, Diamond and then mossberg. Or buy all three, shoot them all, and sell the ones you don't like.