CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Value for AYA Matador II 10 gauge
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:11 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a AYA Matador II that I am trying to find out a value on it.

It is a SxS 10 gauge, 32" barrels, both full chokes. Been used very little. My dad bought it July of 1968. I have a certificate with it, but it is in spanish. What would this gun be worth

Post subject: Re: Value for AYA Matador II 10 gauge
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:34 pm 
Crown Grade

As always, price depends on condition and demand. The "book" value for a Matador II 12 ga. & 20 ga. ranges from $200.-(poor) up to $ 575.-(Exc.) depending on condition. No values are listed for 10 gauge. As "book" values are questionable, consult the on-line auctions for real-life current prices PAID. Post this on SGW's Spanish Shotgun forum. There are some knowledgeable folks there who may have additional info.

DF

Montani Semper Liberi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:39 pm 
Utility Grade

Thanks, I will jump over there and see if I can find more information

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:31 am 
ID & Value Expert
ID & Value Expert

Be aware that the value of any 10ga Spanish, or any other gun, of that era may have been subjected to early steel shot (ie. Nitro Steel by Remington). If this is the case, deduct 50% or more from the value of the gun. Also, be aware that no ammo company is now loading a soft non-tox 3 1/2" 10ga shell to use for waterfowling, etc. Older Bismuth shot is selling for about $5 a shot now so reloading is a good choice for waterfowlers with these guns.

The good news is that the Matador throws great patterns with the correct lead or soft shot and is of good quality. In my area, a nice Matador 3 1/2" 10ga will sell in the $350-$400 area. However, demand is pretty low because of the limited ammo supply.