CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SEMPERT & KRIEGHOFF DRILLING
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:25 pm 
Utility Grade

I am considering a SEMPERT & KRIEGHOFF DRILLING in 16GA/16GA 8X57JR. My question is without the serial number can anyone give me an estimate of when this model =SEMPERT & KRIEGHOFF DRILLINGs were last made? Also when were 2 & 3/4 inche chambers first introduced?
Thanks for the help!
Jim

Post subject: Re: SEMPERT & KRIEGHOFF DRILLING
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:05 am 
Presentation Grade

Hi Jim,

without photos it is hard to tell anything about the Sempert & Krieghoff drilling. The brand "Sempert & Krieghoff" was used up to 1945, when Krieghoff ceased to exist in Suhl.

There's a chance for you: starting from September 1923, the Suhl proof house used a date code what (if present) can be found on the watewrtable of the barrel set. Paterrn of said date code is e.g. 124 = Jan. 1924, 1235 = Dec. 1935, and the like. IF present, the date code is somewhere beteen and close to the other proof markings.

Regards

Martin

Post subject: Re: SEMPERT & KRIEGHOFF DRILLING
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:27 pm 
Utility Grade

Thanks for your reply. I am also looking at this drilling Serial Number 18345. Sempert Krieghoff Drilling Dural combination shotgun/rifle. 16 ga SXS over a single rifle barrel in 7X57mm. 23 5/8" barrels. Duraluminum engraved reciever.Nice wood.

Any ideas concerning the Dural receiver, etc.
Thanks!
Jim