CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: browning B2000 or 2000
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:46 am 
do anybody know the browning B2000 or 2000 if does can give me some reference. thanks

Post subject: Re: browning B2000 or 2000
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Rayf,
Exactly what information are you looking for?
thanks,
Jay Gentry
Shotgunworld.com

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:04 am 
thank for replly i would like to know about this shotgun if is a new or old model, it is popular,it has a good system,when it came out to the market,it is consider a good shotgun,it is easy to get parts for it,ect.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 12:15 pm 
Crown Grade

Belgian manufactured but assembled in Portugal, approx. 115,000 imported into the U.S. between 1974-83.

I've never heard of a bad model that Browning put out, it seems to have had a fairly short life, the question inmy mind would be did it fall to a seriously better system?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:27 pm 
I have hunted with a Browning B2000 since the age of 12 and still hunt with it, about 20 years. It has been an extremely reliable gun for my use. Skeet in the off season, duck and goose hunting in the Texas coastal prairie and dove hunting in South Texas. The only repair made was due to a rough ATV ride that split the forearm, my fault. I couldn't venture a guess as to how many times I have shot through it but it would definitely be on the high side of the spectrum. I have several other shotguns but that B2000 still finds it's way to the duck blind with me a majority of the time. If the brass gas plug at the end of the magazine tube is cleaned of powder the gun does not malfunction. I learned this after going a complete season of heavy use, only wiping the exterior down with a little grease.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:54 am 
I have a browning 2000 and I love this shot gun. I would like to find a new barrel for it so I can hunt turks with it. Also does anyone know where I can get a new stock for them as my bulldogs used it for a chew toy a few years ago needless to say I still have the gun but not the dog! :D
MIke

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:31 am 
What is a good price range for these guns? I can get one for $425...jump or wait?

thanks

CN

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 1:36 pm 
Crown Grade

My opinion, go for it. The classifieds are showing quite a bit higher value than the books. The auctions are all over the place on value but the trend seems to be higher.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:10 pm 
[b] I bought a used B2000 4 years ago at a pawn shop. This gun was like new. After I bought it I had a guy tell me that the gun was not allowed on many hunt club properties due to its ability to go off on its own. I contacted the Browing historian at Browning and he reported to me that he new nothing of this comment. Browning gave me the name of the guy that carries parts for their discontinued guns. I contacted this guy in Canada at his store. He told me that he has been in business for over 20 years and sells to buyers all over the world, and he carries parts for most all Browning discontinued models. He said he has never seen a gun that the owners have been more loyal to and more dedicated to than the Browning B2000. He also said he has every part in stock for this gun.
Still being concerned I beat on my B2000 on top, sides, bottom, and stock, and barrell end when it was cocked with a rubber mallet. I could not get it to false fire (without a shell in it of course). Even though it never failed, I still decided to shave the sear to give me just a hair more catch to prevent any possible false fire. I love this gun and found another barrel for it for 40 bucks bran new in a full 32 inch full choke. I have heard that the gun is both magnum and standard,,,the only difference is dependant on the barrell you have. Both 3"mag and 2 3/4 barrells fit the B2000 receiver.
Good luck finding one.....keep your eyes on the obituaries for a passed on hunter and ask his wife if she will part with the B2000. Im still ticking so mine is not available yet and when I go youll have to fight my son for it......Hes not a big guy but he shoots fast and straight........Let me know if you find one.

Vic S. vls@juno.com

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:08 pm 
Tournament Grade

The Browning 2000 12 ga. was a dog for me. Had three of them; and had friends with them. All of us had plenty of trouble. Problems with safety, ejecting and the trigger.
Never went off on any of us. Two friends had 20 ga. and they worked perfectly.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:32 am 
http://www.jeffmayfield.com/Products/barrels.htm
I just happened to see this before coming Googling into this thread. Somebody looking for a B2000 barrel?
p.s. I know nothing about this outfit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:07 pm 
I have had a 2000 since it's birth. (1974) A more reliable firearm has not been made yet. Mine is the 3 barrel set and it never fails to go hunting with me. I had one problem with it, a sticking safety in the goose pit. Discovered that a small piece of dirt had got into the safety ball detent spring and stopped it from coming OFF. The gun jammed with the safety on!! If you can get a 2000 at a reasonable price (400 to 600) buy it. The person that claims the gun can be changed from 3" to 23/4" is correct. This difference in the barrells is the gas port drilling in the barrel ring (2 ports is 3"). Fanatical followers? YES I know of 2 other people that have this gun and they will be passed down to their offspring. Some low life stole my 20 gauge anyone know where I can get another??

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:15 am 
I do happen to have a new in box B2000 20 gauge magnum, 26" full choke.
You can reach me at i4hunting@hotmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:50 pm 
I would have to say that walker and tx_skibum are dead on in their review of the B-2000. I just bought a minty 12ga 2000 at a gunshow a year ago (only paid $285.00 :D ) and so far it's been the most dependable semi I've ever owned.This year alone I've shot 3000 rounds of trap with it, and I've only had 3 failure's, all of them were the same, failure to feed because the gun was incredibly filthy and gunked up. When clean (less than 300 shells since last cleaning) I've never had a problem. One issue that I did have with the gun was that it seems that there was contact between the operating handle and the reciever. The result was that the cut in the reciever for the operating handle was being bent outwards. After taking a little material off the op-handle with a dremel I havent had any more bending occur. Note: the "bending" wasent anything sever, but it was enouth to see if you ot it in the right light. All in all one heck of a gun by any standard.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:17 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

My experience with the B-2000 in 12 gauge has been excellent. It will reliably shoot even my light 15/16 ounce loads which have not been resized and which were initially shot in an O/U. The felt recoil is very mild even with the heavy 1 1/4 ounce hunting loads. The gun just has the plastic buttplate (no recoil pad). I don't shoot it much, but it has been very dependable when I do shoot it. I don't think that Browning replaced it with anything better. I think that the reason that it was discontinued was because it was becoming too expensive to manufacture. When the B-2000 was discontinued, Browning replaced it with the B-80, a gun which was actually made entirely by Beretta for Browning.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:45 pm 
mofree wrote:
I do happen to have a new in box B2000 20 gauge magnum, 26" full choke.
You can reach me at i4hunting@hotmail.com

Have you still got?? Contact me at walker@agt.net.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:34 pm 
I have owned a B-2000 for about 6 years & I absolutely love it!! I have put a couple thousand shells thru it, with only 2-3 malfunctions- those cheapo winchester shells. Does anyone have any details about switching between 2 3/4" & 3". The guy who said 3" barrels have 2 gas vents is wrong. I own 3 barrels for mine(26"I/C,28M,30F)- all 3 are clearly marked "special steel 12GA shells_2 3/4" *", & all 3 have 2 gas vents. If anyone has any more detailed info, please share it. I would really like to be able to use 3" shells on turkeys this year! When a shotgun is called for, turkey season is the ONLY time the old B-2000 isn't in-hand!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:11 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

All that is needed to switch to 3" magnum shells is a barrel chambered for 3" shells. No other change or adjustment is needed. The 2 3/4" chambered barrel has 2 gas ports, while the magnum barrel has only one gas port. "Walker" just got it backward.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 1:47 am 
Well people. I have used a B2000 my whole hunting life. This gun can be trusted. Important points: Keep the gun clean always and you will never have a missfire nor ejection problems. Secondly, when the gun came out it got a bad name because ppl would put the gas piston upside down and also some would put the gas cylinder plug in backwards...simply put..read the instructions. So if you can find somebody who owns the gun..and has kept it all these years and is pissed at the gun. Buy it cheaply off them and then show them that they put it together wrong. Oh yes..another reminder..the holes in your barrels can get filled with gunk...sometimes the whole looks like it is there but is smaller than it should be which leads to ejection problems. Find a small drill bit and clean the holes at the end of the season. email me at galenlanners@hotmail.com with questions or if you have a B2000 that you want to sell. I'm always interested

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:25 pm 
My previous post about the 2 3/4 versus 3" mag barrel was correct. The gun has no difference for magnum or standard.
Only the barrel determines if it is a magnum or not.
Buy a 3" mag barrel and you got the magnum.
Put a 2 3/4 barrell on the same gun and you have the standard.
There are not 2 different receivers. Only 1 receiver made.
They guy who had to file a piece to correct his bolt from tapping....I know what you saw. You need to get a new rubber cusion pad. The one near the top that holds the spring in place. Also you need to make sure the square pin is inserted correctly.
I have the information on where to get parts for the gun. Also I can e-mail anybody the parts diagram if you like...
E-mail me and be SURE TO PUT IN THE HEADER of the e-mail " :arrow: BROWNING 2000" :!: otherwise if I dont recognise your name you probably get deleted without me reading the mail. By the way...My 2000 shoots slugs like a rifle in the standard barrel.
My hunt camp www.otherside.com/wd4elx