CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2623 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 132  Next
 Post subject: Re: Versa Max
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:47 pm 
Limited Edition

I found this on another website....http://www.americanrifleman.org/article ... next-step/

"Interestingly enough, the VersaMax stocks all feature a replaceable comb. Three different combs, in various sizes, come with each gun. The combs can be easily and quickly removed and installed by hand. Prior to hunting with the VersaMax, all one has to do is just spend a little time on the clays range, shooting with each comb installed, until he finds the one that best suits him."

Is it true that these comb inserts come with the gun?

Last edited by walleyeman on Mon May 23, 2011 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:48 am 
Presentation Grade

I'd like to know where you read that, I seem to remember reading something like that and would like to verify it because mine did not come with extra combs.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:49 am 
Field Grade

1CYLON3 wrote:
I'd like to know where you read that, I seem to remember reading something like that and would like to verify it because mine did not come with extra combs.

TuJays who knows as much about the VerasMax as anyone says call 1-800-234-9700 and ask for kit #33a & #33b. These are combs that will fit your VersaMax. You can read some earlier post on this tread about VersaMax combs. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:28 pm 
Limited Edition

NCFOWLER wrote:
1CYLON3 wrote:

TuJays who knows as much about the VerasMax as anyone says call 1-800-234-9700 and ask for kit #33a & #33b. These are combs that will fit your VersaMax. You can read some earlier post on this tread about VersaMax combs. Hope this helps.

Yes that is what I read awhile back on this thread, but recently when looking at other reviews online they mention that these comb inserts come with the gun package. I thought maybe Remington in now including these in the price of the Versa Max with the supplied case and other components. Has anyone purchased a Versa Max from a recent shipment from Rem. to confirm this?

Does anyone know of the cost of these kits? (#33a and #33b)

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 4:06 pm 
Presentation Grade

I found and re-read some of the other articles and they mention that it comes with them. Mine was purchased maybe a week ago and did not come with them. I figure I'll call Remington Mon. and see what happens.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:15 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

1CYLON3 wrote:
I found and re-read some of the other articles and they mention that it comes with them. Mine was purchased maybe a week ago and did not come with them. I figure I'll call Remington Mon. and see what happens.

Let us know...mine did not come with them and in the manual it says you can "order additional combs"
Most of us will only require this if and when they make a really pretty shinny model that we want to trap hunt with...however it would be nice if they would include them with every purchase. Some people have long necks:)

I love liberal math. It's like fiction, but with numbers and stuff.
Fred G

"Progressivism"...new word - It's common but there's no sense in it.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:44 pm 
Presentation Grade

TuJays wrote:
1CYLON3 wrote:

Let us know...mine did not come with them and in the manual it says you can "order additional combs"
Most of us will only require this if and when they make a really pretty shinny model that we want to trap hunt with...however it would be nice if they would include them with every purchase. Some people have long necks:)

I just got off the phone with Remington customer service rep. Steve and I explained to him that I have read in reviews that the Versamax comes fully adjustable with shims and combs, but the manual seems to suggest that they are accessories to be purchased afterwards if needed. The article I read to him was-http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/Remington-VersaMax-shotgun/, there was no arguing or debate, he apologized, asked for my address and said that they are on the way, free of charge. I love Remington customer service.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 1:44 pm 
Limited Edition

Awesome!!!! Good work 1CYLON3! Let us know when they arrive and how they fit and perform.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:40 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

walleyeman wrote:
Awesome!!!! Good work 1CYLON3! Let us know when they arrive and how they fit and perform.

+1

Fred G

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:13 am 
Field Grade

ok I have been following this thread for a while now; and maybe I missed it, but has anyone tried and pattern waterfowl loads though the versa max yet?

I got some great hunting pups hitting the ground at the end of April

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:42 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

lizard55033 wrote:
ok I have been following this thread for a while now; and maybe I missed it, but has anyone tried and pattern waterfowl loads though the versa max yet?

Yes, Extensively!
Please go back and start reading at page 1 of this topic.

Fred G

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:07 pm 
Presentation Grade

Is anyone else noticing wear/erosion in the ejection port and on the inside of the receiver opposite the shell latch?

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:26 pm 
Field Grade

1CYLON3 wrote:
Is anyone else noticing wear/erosion in the ejection port and on the inside of the receiver opposite the shell latch?

+1

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:08 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

1CYLON3 wrote:

Nope, nothing I would consider abnormal. Why do you ask and pictures would be helpful?

Fred G

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:14 pm 
Presentation Grade

I don't know if it's normal wear or not, I would tend to say no, at least inside the receiver. I would expect some discoloration from the brass but it's already through the finish and just getting into the metal. I don't see any reason for it not to get worse either.ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:04 am 
Field Grade

seriously considering a versa-max. If the gas system is anything like the sp-10 it'll be a great gun. if it isn't a versa-max, it'll be another sp-10.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:36 am 
Field Grade

1CYLON3 wrote:
I don't know if it's normal wear or not, I would tend to say no, at least inside the receiver. I would expect some discoloration from the brass but it's already through the finish and just getting into the metal. I don't see any reason for it not to get worse either.ImageImageImageImage

Mine is a little worse than that, I have the MODB model. In the receiver, across from the latch, it is all the way down to the metal.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:46 am 
Presentation Grade

Augusta wrote:
1CYLON3 wrote:
I don't know if it's normal wear or not, I would tend to say no, at least inside the receiver. I would expect some discoloration from the brass but it's already through the finish and just getting into the metal. I don't see any reason for it not to get worse either.

Quote:
Mine is a little worse than that, I have the MODB model. In the receiver, across from the latch, it is all the way down to the metal.

I don't know about you but I've only got around 300-400 rounds into that thing. at the very begining toward the magazine it is just starting to show metal. I am not impressed. not at all. Are you using mostly brass or the cheap steel/tin bases?

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:55 am 
Crown Grade

I've got the same type wear---on my 391.
Dave

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:40 am 
Field Grade

1CYLON3 wrote:
Augusta wrote:
1CYLON3 wrote:
I don't know if it's normal wear or not, I would tend to say no, at least inside the receiver. I would expect some discoloration from the brass but it's already through the finish and just getting into the metal. I don't see any reason for it not to get worse either.

I don't know about you but I've only got around 300-400 rounds into that thing. at the very begining toward the magazine it is just starting to show metal. I am not impressed. not at all. Are you using mostly brass or the cheap steel/tin bases?

I have less rounds than you, maybe 150 or a little more. I am using brass shells, no tin/steel.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2623 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 132  Next