CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ithaca Flues side by side 12g ID
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:51 pm 
Utility Grade

Hello hope I can find some help here I have been mulling over the internet for several days with only limited luck I picked up the shotgun recently its in good shape glad i researched it before shooting 2 3/4 out of it! first four of ser# 2080 which I belive is 1911 for year and marked with a 1 and next to that a 1 and 2 with the one being elevated above and to the left of the 2. It appears to have typical stampings of the pointer on both sides of course double trigger stampped for nitro powder approved and krupp fluid steel on bottom is essen or esser i think only partially visible on one of the barrels also two beads for the sights and on the piece thats secures the forearm is stampped with a P I cant find anything indicating the choke on this barrel please help me!!!!

Post subject: Re: Ithaca Flues side by side 12g ID
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:12 pm 
Crown Grade

Your Flues,S/S books out in field grade very good condition about $600.00.As far as the chokes go,
you should fine somebody with a bore reader.Don't go buy somebody advising you to stick a dime
into the barrel to deturmine chokes as that means nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:00 pm 
Crown Grade

Do you have any pix of the receiver sides ?

Does it have a geometric design or zig-zag lines engraved on the sides, too ?

You might have a grade 1-1/2, ILO a Field Grade - and worth $750 or more - if the "1-1/2" is stamped into the action watertable.

Alternatively, the "1" and the "1/2" could be Ithaca's choke markings, IF the marks are one on each barrel.

( 1 - Imp Cyl, 2 - Mod, 3 - Imp.Mod. and 4 - Full )

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:03 pm 
Utility Grade

Thanks for the replies the numbers i spoke of were on the reciever no numbers on the barrel just a P. I got excited for a moment when I first started researching it that it may be 1 1/2 but its just the basic engraving darn! Im gonna assume its twelve for the gauge I guess. I tried to upload pictures but it wouldnt allow me too dont know if they are to big or what? I can say I really like this gun either way and im in search of a fine stock blank to begin making it my own I did take pictures if their is a trick to getting them on let me know again thanks for the help!!