CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Shell Holder
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:34 pm 
Utility Grade

Hello,

I am looking to restore an old shot gun of my dads, and am in need of some leather shell holders. I want leather because I want to try and preserve the 'Western' look. Either a shell sling or shell holder for butt stock would be preferred so I can just grab the gun and go, as it may turn into an animal defense gun. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Cheers,

Post subject: Re: Shell Holder
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:53 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

A couple of them bandoleeros so you can wear em crossed on your chest would help to preserve the "Western" look....or at least the South-Western look....I've seen em in black nylon (perhaps by Uncle Mikes') But sorry I don't know where to find them in leather.....Years ago I had a really fancy gun case hand made buy a guy in Mexico....It cost like $16 American but he probably isn't around anymore....sorry I couldn't be more help....Art

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:05 pm 
Field Grade

You can get leather shell belts from Cabela's and similar companies. For bandoleer and belt slides, try companies that cater to Cowboy Action Shooters, or just Google "leather bandoleers." I just tried it and got this right off the bat: http://www.kirkpatrickleather.com/product/h_1910.htm.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:01 pm 
Crown Grade

Jeff's Outfitters has them plus a lot of other stuff to drool over.

http://www.jeffsoutfitters.com/store.as ... 59&panel=1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:21 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Galco has one: http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterP3.asp?Pr ... talogID=12

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:25 pm 
Limited Edition

lizardbreath wrote:
A couple of them bandoleeros so you can wear em crossed on your chest would help to preserve the "Western" look....or at least the South-Western look....I've seen em in black nylon (perhaps by Uncle Mikes') But sorry I don't know where to find them in leather.....Years ago I had a really fancy gun case hand made buy a guy in Mexico....It cost like $16 American but he probably isn't around anymore....sorry I couldn't be more help....Art

There ya go! Youll look good like that. :mrgreen: