CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Remington 1100 20ga Standard Cantilever Slug Barrel?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:23 pm 
Utility Grade

Hello All. There seems to be a wealth of knowledge on this site and I could use some help on a project I am considering. My daughter is 11 and looking to start deer hunting with me in the fall and needs a gun. I have a Remington 1100 20ga Standard Frame (serial number ends in X) and would like to get a cantilever scope barrel built for it since this is the odd ball 1100 20ga built on the 1100 12ga frame and there are no new barrels made for this gun. I have two barrels for this gun, one is the 28" ventilated rib and the other is a 28" plain barrel. What I would like to do is have the plain barrel shortened to 20" and have a Rem Choke installed along with a cantilever scope mount. I would like the rem choke just for the fact we could try rifled, improve etc to see what slug/choke combo the gun likes.

Does anyone here know of reputable gunsmith that could shorten and install the rem choke and the cantiever mount? The cantilever is available from Remington. All that would need to be made is the barrel adapter and drill/tap the barrel.

I thank you in advance.

Post subject: Re: Remington 1100 20ga Standard Cantilever Slug Barrel?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:46 pm 
Limited Edition

ahlmans gun shop, Morristown Minnesota. I have the same 20 gauge, I bought a rifled Hastings barrel for mine but I heard Hastings barrels are no longer being made. It might get expensive. http://www.ahlmans.com/
Don