CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pacific DL-155
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:04 am 
Utility Grade

I just purchased a Pacific DL-155 everything works great. It is set up for 12 gauge right now. Does anyone out there know if there is anywhere to buy the parts to set the reloader up to reload 16 gauge shells.

Thanks for your help.

Seth

Post subject: Re: Pacific DL-155
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:25 am 
Reloading Expert
Reloading Expert

Sure, if you get lucky like I did and pick up a set of dies off eBay.
Good luck!
BP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:28 am 
Tournament Grade

sswanny2,
Like BP says, if you get lucky then maybe. I got several older 155's and 266's but finding sub gauge dies is like a needle in a haystack. I've watched ebay and found some 410 dies, rare and some 20 ga dies not so rare but very few. And for about a couple of yrs now I'm looking for 28 ga dies to fit the same or maybe a full 28 ga. machine in 155/266 but to no avail. I don't think many were manufactured so not many even out there. I did see a Pacific 150 machine in 16 g sell on Flea-Bay recently for about $40-$50 plus shipping. Not familiar with the 150 but think it's very similar to your 155. Good luck. Oh, BTW, Hornady which may have some parts to fit they don't have full die sets for the older machines but give em a call anyway just to see what they say.
Cowford

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:54 am 
Field Grade

sswany2 wrote:
I just purchased a Pacific DL-155 everything works great. It is set up for 12 gauge right now. Does anyone out there know if there is anywhere to buy the parts to set the reloader up to reload 16 gauge shells.

Thanks for your help.

Seth

Seth there might be an outside chance that Hornaday in Grand Island Nebraska may still have some parts availabe that they could cobble togeather a set of 16 gauge dies.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:29 pm 
Reloading Expert
Reloading Expert

Hornady may have some parts, but it is highly unlikely they will take the time to hunt around to find them. It will probably depend on who you get hold of when you call or stop by. There are a few folks there that are old enough to remember what a 150, 155 and 266 were, but not many. I don't recall whether the 366 is available in 16 ga or not. If it is, some of the parts from a 366 die set could be used with a bit of modification to work in either the 150, 155, and 266.. I was lucky enough to get a set of dies off eBay in both 28 and 16 ga. I paid $25 for the 28 ga set and $40 for the 16 ga set. Just got to be in the right place at the right time. I got a brand new still in the sealed box 20 ga 366 delivered for $225 about 5 or 6 years ago too. Just have to be lucky I guess.

Back to the 155 dies. The sizing and decap die form a 366 could be modified or maybe even just screwed into the 155 to work. The drop tube is altogether different, but whatever is in your 155 may work anyway. If not it wouldn't be difficult to fabricate. The crimp starter is a piece of cake, it's the same more or less and the final crimp die I think would be identical, or if not, very close, close enough to work just the same. There is no final crimp form station needed on a 155 like the last station on a 366 so that's not an issue. There would not be any shell holders from a 366 that would work on a 155 either. But you may not need them anyway. The sizing die has a decap pin that ejects the hull and if the crimp die works as it should, the shell most likely will just fall out anyway. You will need something the right height for a base but again, that can be easily done. I'd bet any blacksmith/machinist worth his cup of coffee could fabricate a shell holder or 2 for you.

I bet you can buy a new MEC 600 Jr for less than what these parts would cost you to buy new from Hornady, if available. But......

If you need or want more information I can inspect my 266, 366s and BAIR 405s more closely and let you know what will and won't fit. My BAIR machines are for all intents and purposes a 155. That's what I put my 16 ga dies in.

BP

BP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:06 pm 
Tournament Grade

Hey Burnt Powder,

I'd give ya at least $50 bucks for the 28 ga dies, LOL. Wished I could have found some for 155/266's but anyway. If I can't find 28's and 410's at a reasonable price I think I will just go with a Sizemaster. Like you said this stuff is gettin pretty expensive to part together but I'll keep watchin E-bay and maybe I'll get lucky.
Cowford

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:27 pm 
Tournament Grade

Just an FYI for the 155, Set up instructions...........

http://www.hornady.com/assets/files/man ... loader.pdf