CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1985 Ithaca 37 "3 Magnum Choke Tubes
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:42 pm 
Field Grade

I purchased an Ithaca 37 that has a factory "3 barrel and factory choke tubes, and I cannot find another like it on the web with factory choke tubes. I cannot find what brand of tubes to purchase? Is it rare to have these? Also is it okay to shoot steel out of them?

Thanks!

Ruger Red Label 12 GA.

Benelli Super Vinci 12GA.

and one Black Lab.

Post subject: Re: 1985 Ithaca 37 "3 Magnum Choke Tubes
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:11 am 
Diamond Grade

how long are the tubes? also talk to George Trulock if the tubes are not steel safe he will have steel safe chokes for you.

Post subject: Re: 1985 Ithaca 37 "3 Magnum Choke Tubes
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:40 pm 
Field Grade

Are there any markings on the choke tube that is in the gun now? That might give you a starting point as to who made the tube. I recently purchased a 870 wingmaster at a very good price had choke tube installed in what I thought was a factory barrel. Well it was not a Rem choke tube the only marking on the tube was C. A. extra full. Turns out Colonial arms had not used that marking since 1982. Ordered tubes from them once I figured out the dia. and all is good>