CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Benelli 'Performance Shop' Super Sport ????
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:32 pm 
Tournament Grade

Does anyone have experience with this gun ? Besides the few 'Briley touches' and some inside barrel / forcing cone changes I'm not sure what else justifies the $6-700 difference over the plain 'SS' ?

Dave

Post subject: Re: Benelli 'Performance Shop' Super Sport ????
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:07 pm 
Limited Edition

I would buy the plain SS and slap on whatever accessories I need along the way. The Custom shop ss doesn't have chrome lined barrels, a big plus for me in cleaning and longevity. Necessary parts for the SS to me include a +25% recoil spring, a end cap wieght, a HiViz sight, and maybe a few extra chokes.

.45ACP is......(mind wandering)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:00 pm 
Crown Grade

I got the standard SS and add a large close button from Briley. Then I add a shell tube weight that replaced the standard tube nut. Other then that it is a stock SS.. I couldn't see spending the extra money for the performance shop gun.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:59 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have a theoretical problem with paying a company more for the product they should have put out in the first place.

I pray every day for Obama: Psalm 109:8

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:39 am 
Tournament Grade

marist89 wrote:
I have a theoretical problem with paying a company more for the product they should have put out in the first place.

so are you saying the standard 'SS' is not that good ? or merely that the sum of the parts in the 'Hot Rod' model are overpriced ?

Dave

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:38 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

mikado463 wrote:
marist89 wrote:

so are you saying the standard 'SS' is not that good ? or merely that the sum of the parts in the 'Hot Rod' model are overpriced ?

I'm saying that if they know how to make a SS better, that should be the product they put out. For the price you pay for a standard SS now, you should be getting complimentary hummers every month for a year.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:38 pm 
Diamond Grade

Marist89,
Between your photo and your comments (complimentary hummer) you keep me laughing :lol: :lol:
How old of guy are you? I seem to agree with a lot of what you say and on this topic especially. I own a SS and yes they should come out with it all on there, hell we own 2 the wife has one also, only difference she does give the complimentary hummer. :wink:
DDF

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:09 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Dead Dog Fritz wrote:
Marist89,
Between your photo and your comments (complimentary hummer) you keep me laughing :lol: :lol:
How old of guy are you? I seem to agree with a lot of what you say and on this topic especially. I own a SS and yes they should come out with it all on there, hell we own 2 the wife has one also, only difference she does give the complimentary hummer. :wink:
DDF

but does the favor get returned since she owns one too?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:44 pm 
Tournament Grade

marist89 wrote:
I'm saying that if they know how to make a SS better, that should be the product they put out.

Nonesense.......that's like saying the Rem 'Custon Shop' should never have existed and everybody should have gotten a 40X for the price of a 700 action.

Dave

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:12 pm 
Diamond Grade

Of course she gets the treatment, its resiprical, we both get it. :lol: :lol:
DDF

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:36 pm 
Presentation Grade

marist89 wrote:
For the price you pay for a standard SS now, you should be getting complimentary hummers every month for a year.

If that were the case I would buy one once a year! :mrgreen:

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities-his eternal power and divine nature-have clearly been seen, being understood from what has been made , so that men are without excuse. Romans 1:20
Design demands a designer.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:42 pm 
Diamond Grade

I wanna see some pics of the Vinci super sport model, it's listed on Benelli's website, but no pics, I really think it's cool Benelli offers models like this, just my opinion though, I'm sure I'm wrong.

NSCA#620844
Muller Mafia Fan&Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:46 pm 
Limited Edition

My opinion is the Briley accessories are not worth the price that Benelli is charging for the Performance Shop model. For a little over $200 you can buy all the Briley parts and have the machine work done for the release. Now this doesn't include the Briley choke tube that come with the PS model. You don't necessarily need them anyway.

The corker is the fact that Benelli has an exclusive deal with Briley for these accessories in the color red. You can buy red for just about any other gun out there, but not a Benelli. I'm personally thinking about Blue.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:46 pm 
Limited Edition

Duplicate post.....sorry!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:02 pm 
Field Grade

Owning a Legacy, and having shot a Benelli SuperSport, I can honestly say I'll never own one. First of all, it's not carbon fiber. It's a run-of-the-mill synthetic stock with a pretty paint scheme. Secondly, it's basically the same as any/every other Benelli, but with a cheaper stock. You'd have money well spent to buy a Legacy or better yet, the Legacy Sport, and at least have a "real" gun. I know of only two people who owned one, and both said they would rather have spent money somewhere else. Don't think that another $700 worth of fluff is going to suddenly elevate that to stardom. Doesn't exactly inspire much confidence. Don't hear a lot of 391 owners saying that.... Bottom line, save those precious pennies. You can set up one heck of a clays gun from a much less expensive model than a SuperSport. Even the name suggest it's not a "base platform" shotgun.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:09 am 
Tournament Grade

Well I made the move on a 'slightly used' Super Sport the other day, previous owner bought it but apparently needed $$$ and thus the sale. Myself, I like it alot (I've only shot 50 rounds so far), it points perfectly for me, could use a little forend weight perhaps(can easily be fixed) and while the small amount of thread area on the choke tubes makes for quick and easy changes they do need more 'snugging up' than those on my Browning O/U.

Dave

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:31 pm 
Diamond Grade

mikado463 wrote:
Well I made the move on a 'slightly used' Super Sport the other day, previous owner bought it but apparently needed $$$ and thus the sale. Myself, I like it alot (I've only shot 50 rounds so far), it points perfectly for me, could use a little forend weight perhaps(can easily be fixed) and while the small amount of thread area on the choke tubes makes for quick and easy changes they do need more 'snugging up' than those on my Browning O/U.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for yours used?

NSCA#620844
Muller Mafia Fan&Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:21 pm 
Tournament Grade

andromeda673 wrote:
If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for yours used?

$1200

Dave