CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pedersen custom molel 1500 HELP!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:23 pm 
Utility Grade

I have the pedersen 1500 o/u 12 guage with the dark walnut stock and fore arm. The problem is the for arm split right down the center. The local gun shop attempted to glue it and i blew it right back apart the first shot. He said he could try fiberglassing it, But I would rather replace it with a new one. Does anyone know a good website to look for something like this or any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Pedersen custom molel 1500 HELP!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:37 pm 
Crown Grade

IIRC, Beretta made/marked those for Mossberg's Pedersen Custom Gun division, so Beretta forend wood could most likely be fitted.

If it was my gun, I would give BerettaUSA's customer service dept a call.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:29 pm 
Crown Grade

The Pederson Model 1000 was built by Beretta and was offered in Grades I and II in field, trap and skeet versions, as well as, Presentation and Commemorative Grades. The Model 1000 featured the standard Beretta low profile action with dual conical locking bolts.

The Model 1500 was made by Victor Aramberri in Eibar, Spain and employed a Boss type low profile action similar to Perazzi. The Model 1500 was offered in field, trap and skeet versions. The field models could be ordered with 26", 28" or 30" vent rib barrels. Auto ejectors and a selective single trigger (a rarity among Basque guns) were standard. These were well built
guns but, never received the recognition they deserved. As with the Model 1000, the Model 1500 died with Mossberg's abortive 1973 to 1975 venture into the upmarket range of shotguns. Unlike the Beretta built Model 1000, the maker of the Model 1500 is no longer in business and parts are now made of unobtainium. Beretta wood will not fit the Model 1500....its time to visit a stockmaker.

Values for the Model 1500 have been quoted as ranging from $200.-(Poor) up to $ 950.-(Exc.) depending on condition and demand. As always, check the on-line auctions for real-life current prices PAID.

FWIW, Beretta produced the Pederson Model 2000 SxS double in 12 and 20 gauge while Aramberri produced the Pederson Model 2500 SxS double in 12 and 20 gauge.

DF

Montani Semper Liberi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:00 am 
Crown Grade

:oops: Thanks, DF ! {hs#

Last edited by CriscoKid on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:29 pm 
Crown Grade

Aramberri's company was swallowed up by AYA in about 1980 and the gun was rebadged as the AYA MD2. The gun is a clone of the Perazzi MT-6 and some parts are interchangeable. (Victor Aramberri himself went off to the DIARM group to provide design input for the Kemen which is pretty much the same gun again but with V springs and drop out trigger).

The AYA MD2 along with some higher grade versions has remained in production, albeit in small numbers, and is still being sold at premium prices. (How does $6,000+ sound for the base model)?

I'd say it's worth looking for someone supplying AYA parts. It's also by no means impossible that Perazzi wood could be fitted.

Robert Browning

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:27 pm 
Utility Grade

Thanks, Ive been looking around on the internet with no luck. Thanks for the info.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:58 pm 
Limited Edition

I have a 1500 and what Trickster stated is what I've found to be true also. The Kemen km-4? is related and the AYA MD-2 looks for all the world to be the same gun as the 1500. I know an older shooter who's owned many higher end shotguns and in the mid 70's he had a couple 1500's that he used for competition. He told me that when he had parts go south with the 1500 he was able to have Perazzi parts fitted without trouble. I hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:52 am 
Utility Grade

I need help in locating a forearm (wood only) for a Browning 325.

Used would be fine if in good condition.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:41 am 
Crown Grade

I don't have any solid info on the history of Victor Aramberri but it appears that he was a designer at Perazzi and started up on his own after falling out with them. He certainly produced SxS guns as well as the O/Us but the company failed after a fairly short time. This is pure speculation but there appears to have been a period, possibly prior to AYA, when manufacture of the gun was out sourced or licenced. I have a version badged as "Arkrom" and the proof marks indicate it was built by either Francisco Anitua or possibly Eusebio Arizaga in 1976. I picked the gun up for almost nothing purely as a project gun, but it's very well made and it shoots worryingly well! I've never shot any gun with better triggers, and although it's only 28" it may well eventually become my goto clays gun.

If it's any use this is a list of Spanish Proof Marks: http://web.jet.es/rafa/b_punzones_larga_lisa.html

Robert Browning

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:53 pm 
Limited Edition

Trickster:

I'll check out my copy of Spanish Best because I remember that there was some info in it on the Aramberri guns but at this point I just don't remember what it all was. I do remember reading in it that one of the stockmakers at one of the high end builders is an Aramberri. I'll put that info out as well.

I think that you may be thinking of Gacomo (sp) who was the original importer for Perazzi here on the east coast. He designed and brought a competition gun out several years ago and his shop is still considered one of the go to places for the hard core competition Perazzi guys when it comes to sorting out problems with their guns.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:30 pm 
Crown Grade

parris,

I don't recall any mention of Victor Aramberri in my 2nd printing of Wieland's book but, I understand that there were changes and additions in other printings. My copy does mention an Eduardo Aramburu as an engraver at Arrieta. If you find something on Aramberri, please post it.

BTW, the east coast guy for servicing Perazzis is: Giacomo's Sporting in Lee Center, New York. Giacomo worked for Perrazzi in Italy and when Ithaca Gun began importing Perazzis, he was sent to Ithaca to train their personnel in servicing Perazzis. When that relationship dissolved, Giacomo set-up and managed Perazzi USA in Rome, NY and apparently decided to stay in New York when the company moved to California.

All the best,

DF

Montani Semper Liberi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:14 pm 
Utility Grade

Does anyone know where I could find parts for the perazzi mt6 or aya md2? new or used I dont care. I just bought the gun for $350 and It was rated at 90% apart from the split fore arm. I love the feel and performance of this gun. Very nice. Just cant use it right now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:23 pm 
Crown Grade

Marylou & peak_842003:

FWIW, it's not only impolite to hijack someone else's thread/question by inserting your own (this is a forum rather than a chat room) - you both would most likely get wider readership and a speedier answer via starting your own separate thread/question.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:34 pm 
Utility Grade

This is my thread crisco kid. If you look at the top I started It . Maybee you should look before you jump My s**t. As for everyone else. Youre info has been more than helpful and very much appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:17 am 
Tournament Grade

OK, here is my little bunny trail on the same topic....

I have found a Pedersen custom 1500 used in nice condition. Can someone help me figure out where and what the factory choke marks are? I have my fingers crossed it is an IC/IC.

Any help would be apreciated?