CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A10 American
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:48 am 
Diamond Grade

I haven't heard anything about the A10 that some of you guys had ordered. Have you got them yet, and if so are you happy with them?? They sure look like they would be a fine gun!
Dave

Post subject: Re: A10 American
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:51 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I know a couple of guys who ordered them, but have not taken delivery yet. I haven't seen a posting anywhere that would indicate that anyone has one in hand yet...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:11 am 
Crown Grade

Several friends at my club have ordered; so far one received his about a month ago. He ordered when it you could get it with all the discounts for $4000. Since he was a nice repeat customer, he seemed to get the wood upgrade at no additional cost. Nice gun, seems to balance nicely as well.

Whether it is now worth $8,000, I don't know.

"Support our troops; we'll need them to overthrow our government"

Last edited by oneounceload on Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:10 am 
Crown Grade

I would give my left (you know what) for a new A10. A good friend got his already. Work of art and engineering...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:14 pm 
Limited Edition

An A10 is top of my new gun list.
Looking around at other shotgun related websites it would seem that quite a few have been sent out. Reportedly, 5 a day are being shipped.
One reseller is spruiking the A10 as a Beretta S0 knockoff!
Money aside, I'm wondering how these two compare head to head.
Maybe someone with more experience than I with S0s ( that means just about anyone :cry: ) will provide comment.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:57 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Slugo, my brother used to say, "I would give my right arm to be ambidextous." Your post made me think of him and he has been gone now for almost 40 years. I remember everything now with a smile, thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:31 pm 
Crown Grade

avvago wrote:
An A10 is top of my new gun list.
Looking around at other shotgun related websites it would seem that quite a few have been sent out. Reportedly, 5 a day are being shipped.
One reseller is spruiking the A10 as a Beretta S0 knockoff!
Money aside, I'm wondering how these two compare head to head.
Maybe someone with more experience than I with S0s ( that means just about anyone :cry: ) will provide comment.

The A10 is not similar to an SO5 GUN in the lock up design. First while the A10 has a "flared" reciever it does not have a cross bolt lockup. The A10 lock up is more closely related to a 682, while the A10 is a true sidelock. From reports on the shooting sportsman bulletin board, several of the early guns have been back to the factory and fixed. The triggers seem to have been an issue and a few other small problems. that is all I have heard on an A10. They may have been a good deal at $4k, but at the new "list price" there many other realy nice guns.