CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CZ-712 Review
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:36 pm 
Utility Grade

I just picked one up today. I have talked to other people that love how they shoot and love them. I posted the same question in the Shotgun Option forum and all I get is bitchn. So I came here to see how you all think they preform and handle wing shootin like waterfowl hunting. Thanks

Post subject: Re: CZ-712 Review
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:16 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Five years ago buying a 712 would have been a really big mistake, they were terrible. CZ was selling them for a while and then quit selling them for a year or two. The problems with them have been ironed out from what I understand, I mean Tom Knapp shoots the 712, they would not have him touting the gun if it was a POS. I am doing a running report on the 912, we have been looking for someone to do the same on the 712, when you shoot it, come back and give us a report on how it shoots and how you like it. And if you can we would like to see some pictures of the 712. Also welcome to the Huglu forum {hs# {hs# {hs#, and BTW don't mind those opinions guys. :lol: :lol: :lol:

cdb

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:16 pm 
Utility Grade

Thank you for the welcome. I will for sure tell what I think about it. I just bought it today and cant wait to get out with it. Im actually taking it turkey hunting in the am and plan on taking a few different rounds to see how it handles also. I for the most part waterfowl hunt except for turkey hunting. So I will post tomorrow on what I thought and thanks again

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:01 pm 
Presentation Grade

Nefowler,

If you haven't read the thread "Fun with CZ guns" , you really need to. In it they give a you tube video to watch--it has Tom Knapp and friends shooting dove in Argentina--thousands and thousands in just a few days. One of them has a 712 and there are various other CZs too! Check it out!

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:50 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Nefowler... WELCOME to Huglu Forum!!! Image Image Image Image

I'll say hello properly in a day or two. Right now I have to go to sleep! Gotta be up at 3 am to chase Turkeys!

Robert E. Lee's 200th birthday was 1/19/07. I hope AP Hill takes that hill at Gettysburg in every dream he has. Freedom isn't free. 11B; 54E20

OMG has a whole new meaning. OBAMA MUST GO!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:39 pm 
Utility Grade

I bought a 712 Utility for use in multi-gun competitions. I've completed 3 local matches and fired about 150 rounds of all types of different ammo and only had problems with a couple different types of buckshot...Remington low recoil in particular.

I purchased it because it's the cheapest thing out there and I'm kind of poor right now....new kid, change in income, increase in healthcare costs. Great time to pick up a new sport eh?

I've opened up the loading port with my dremel tool, put on a +4 Nordic extension (it uses the Benelli Nova model), added a Pachmeyer recoil pad, put on Williams Universal sights, and added a cheap barrel/magazine clamp. Total price is under about $460....much less than the Benellis or FNHs that all the rich guys kept telling me I needed to get.

I'm going to keep shooting this thing as much as I can afford to and I'll won't to hesitate to post any problems I end up having with this thing.

I'll be sending the lifter to C-rums to get it extended after this next match. That will run me $45 plus some shipping costs.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:45 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Welcome to the forum fastmtnbiker33w {hs# {hs# , if you could start a new thread about your 712, and keep track of the rounds fired, it would be a great asset to the Huglu forum.

cdb

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:32 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

cdb1097 wrote:
Welcome to the forum fastmtnbiker33w {hs# {hs# , if you could start a new thread about your 712, and keep track of the rounds fired, it would be a great asset to the Huglu forum.

cdb

HUGE + 1 to that!!!!

fastmtnbiker33w....... We REALLY need a 712 expert here on Huglu Forum! We have lots of guys that know the doubleguns but we're spread thinner than chastity on a biker babe when it comes to the Huglu Semi-autos....How about you? You up to becoming the Forum Expert on the CZ 712?

Tom Knapp is good and all, but most of us will trust a guy that spent his own money on a gun far more than a "paid expert".

How 'bout it? You ready for the job?

And OH SHIP!!!! So busy asking you to go to work, I forgot to say Welcome to Huglu Forum!!!! Image Image Image Image

Robert E. Lee's 200th birthday was 1/19/07. I hope AP Hill takes that hill at Gettysburg in every dream he has. Freedom isn't free. 11B; 54E20

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:35 pm 
Utility Grade

Now where can I get one of those Mag. Exten. for my 712 and the nice CZ 712 decal to put on my gun

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:35 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

PM me your address....I've got the decal for you. Can't help you with the mag extension tube, but Jason http://www.steelefirearms.com/ might be able to get you one. Send him an email. Tell him 2few sent you.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:15 am 
Field Grade

2fewdaysafield wrote:

Tom Knapp is good and all, but most of us will trust a guy that spent his own money on a gun far more than a "paid expert".

I hope he didn't hold back any comments about the gun blowing up or something :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:35 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Nah....but we all know that the 712 Tom Knapp shoots is not any old "off the shelf" 712. CZ-USA tricks out his guns pretty good.

Me, well....I just trust the word of someone more "real"....another "working stiff" who worked hard for the money, bought it off the shelf in a gun store, shot the hell out of it and reported what he thought of the gun.

Tom Knapp is a great shot and a great entertainer, but in the end, he still pays his bills with money he earned from CZ-USA. And I am pretty sure he is smart enough not to bight the hand that feeds him.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:36 pm 
Tournament Grade

CZ does not pay Tom Knapp much for his appearances. The people who host the shows are the ones who pays him. Also his guns are the stock guns with the long magazines added. At the shoot I was at a couple of weeks ago, Tom allowed people to come up and shoot his guns and I can tell you they are guns just like we would get if we bought them. Anything that Tom has on his guns, the common shooter can buy and put on their gun.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:46 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I remember reading, but can't recall where offhand that Toms guns were tuned and worked on by CZ gunsmiths and he had numerous 712's to shoot.

cdb