CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: O/U made in Italy?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:36 pm 
Diamond Grade

LGS took in this o/u and we are looking for info on it. The only markings on it are SLE NY, NY Made in Italy. It is a 12 ga with choke tubes and has 3" chambers. It has extractors only and has an auto safety. Any help on would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Doug

Post subject: O/U made in Italy?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:45 pm 
Tournament Grade

Are you sure it's not marked "SILE" They imported many firearms and some that were labeled for them.

Post subject: Re: O/U made in Italy?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:05 pm 
Tournament Grade

Here's a link to a SOLD one:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/954077312/Gu ... R_12GA.htm

Looks similiar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:24 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

jw4570 wrote:
Are you sure it's not marked "SILE" They imported many firearms and some that were labeled for them.

+1. Most of the shotguns they brought in were junk, but they brought in some great black powder percussion guns...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:32 pm 
Tournament Grade

Investarm made the ones that folded in half...sort of. They folded back on themselves. It was odd to try and load as the barrels would swing freely from the hinge pin. I did shoot one of these in 410 O/U a good bit, and it was an excellent rabbit/squirrel gun. I wish I had it today, but it wasn't a fine piece that I remember, though it pointed well, and shot fine, I imagine it was not built to last. The fold in half was cool, you could put it in a duffel bag (not that I did that much).

However, this does not appear to be one of the fold back models, as they had a distinct visible hinge pin at the bottom of the receiver where the barrels met.

Sile imported Benelli Pistols (yes, they made pistols, kinda rare) which were of high quality. They also imported tons of various aftermarket grips/stocks from all kinds of guns.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:59 pm 
Crown Grade

A maker's mark/logo should be stamped on the barrels (or possibly on the frame). Remove the barrels and look. A small logo could be mistaken for a proof mark.

DF

Montani Semper Liberi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:12 pm 
Field Grade

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I been looking for information on a gun very similar to yours.

Here's what I've found so far: The gun has 2 pheasant on one side of the receiver, 2 ducks on the other side and a Quail(maybe) on the bottom. It is marked SILE NY, NY-MAR MADE IN ITALY 12 GA-3" on the barrel. I think the MAR stands for Marocchi. There is a makers mark on the receiver right by the Serial# that looks like a mountain in a circle, and another one on the bottom of the barrels right next to the Serial #. This mark is actually an "M" inside a circle and is the makers mark for Marocchi armi. Marocchi told me the gun was made in 1985. I'm suspecting the model is a Field Master.

Mine doesn't have the checkering on the Stock and Forearm, has a 26" barrel and is fixed cylinder bore on both barrels. From all of my research I'm thinking it is a decent blue collar OU from a quality, if little known in the US, Italian gun maker.

Marocchi's website: http://www.marocchiarms.com/index.php

A gun very similar to yours and what it sold for: http://www.gunauction.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=9376585

The reason I am researching this gun is that the one I purchased has a broken stock and I need to replace it. Does anybody know where I might be able to find one? Marocchi is looking, but I doubt they have one, since the gun is so old. Numrich is out of stock and not expecting to get anymore. Lastly Hoosier Gun Works has a box of unknown stocks that they bought from Sile, but they need my receiver to see if they "MIGHT" have a matching stock.

Any additional info you guys have would be helpful.

Thanks,
Sean

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:26 pm 
Tournament Grade

Your best luck might be someone that offers duplication. I hear it's a lot more reasonable than it used to be. That being said, hold your hat, as I think a stock for my NRA Diamond III Marocchi would have been like $400-500. I mean I didn't pay that much more for the gun from CDNN.

What's broke? Can t be repaired? There is some fine repair guys around.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:12 am 
Field Grade

I bought the gun second hand. The original owner tried to repair the stock and didn't align it properly during the gluing. I could probably just sand it down, but I'm not sure how well it will hold up. The badly repaired crack runs from the back of the trigger guard up diagonally to the top of the stock. The alignment is off about 1/16".

I don't think that its the original or correct stock. The metal and wood don't mate correctly where the stock covers the internal workings of the receiver. I don't have much $ in this gun, so I can sink a little into it and not be upside down.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:18 am 
Field Grade

One last question that I hope somebody can help me out with. I'm thinking about ordering a new old stock barrel set for this gun that has choke tubes. Does anybody know what thread style these have? If I can't get aftermarket tubes, then I will probably just get my barrel set bored for tubes by a gunsmith.