CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: H&R Pardner Compact 20 GA?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:44 am 
Field Grade

One of the local sporting goods shops has a 20 GA Pardner Compact (870 knock off) with black synthetic stocks with a 21 inch barrel at a good price, I am thinking about buying it to make into a HD shotgun. The only problem is the LOP is way too short for me to use, so I was wondering if anyone knows of any aftermarket stocks that would fit this gun. Is the frame the same as a 20 GA Remington 870? or is the Compact different some way?

thanks Ike

Post subject: Re: H&R Pardner Compact 20 GA?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:53 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Square up your stance and move the butt of the gun in on your chest more and that length of pull won't be so long any more. It's a 13" LOP. Lots of big guys are running guns with a 12" or shorter.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:27 pm 
Tournament Grade

Any 20 gauge remington stock should fit that pardner pump. A 12 gauge stock will not fit though without modification. I much prefer a 13" LOP or shorter, 14" is just too long for me. YMMV but give the shorter stock a try, you might just like it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:17 am 
Limited Edition

I am a hefty guy and a little under 6'. I like my son's 20 gauge 870 express youth model with its shorter stock a LOT. I find it easier to mount and control when shooting drills or some clays off the club trap. My personal police gun as well as the other 12 gauge guns around the house have an adjustable LOP or shorter than normal LOP stock as well. It works best for me.