CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Falling block shotgun?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:00 pm 
Utility Grade

Who makes or can make a falling block action that can fit a 12ga or 16ga? (Styled Like Ruger #1) I would prefer 12ga but could go down to 16 or 20ga. Not looking for Greener/Martini and I don't have the tools, time and engineering skills to make it my-self.
DReams

Post subject: Re: Falling block shotgun?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:35 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I know that many of the Remington Rolling blocks have been converted to at least 20g. I don't know of anyone currently making a FB action shotgun. (But then I don't know everything.)

follow this link to join the forum's bonus Membership
http://www.shotgunworld.com/memberships.htm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:51 pm 
Presentation Grade

I have seen a Winchester lever action 10 gauge that was actually a falling block action but was fed by a tubular magazine. I have since learned that this was also manufactured in 12 ga. I have no idea where to find one. Patent year was 1887 or in that neighborhood.

B-R-S-I.COM
VA NSCA Delegate
NSCA Level 2, Instructor
NRA Level 1, Shotgun Coach

Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:47 am 
Crown Grade

The Greener Martini is the only one I know of made in the modern era, but I found this thread in SGW. http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=9

It would be possible to convert a falling block Ruger rifle to a shotgun, but it seems a long journey to travel.

As a by the by I'm a fan of the Greener and have several including a fully sound moderated one. They handle beautifully especially the longer barreled ones; my gun of choice for flight (ie pass) shooting wood pigeon is a Mk 1 Greener GP with a 32" tube. I've shot trap with mine too, very nice.

Eug