CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 870 "The Mississippi" Ducks Unlimited
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:56 pm 
Utility Grade

I recently got a 1983 Remington Model 870 "The Mississippi" Ducks Unlimited as a gift from my grandpa. I was wondering if anyone could tell me about how much it is worth? (I dont plan on selling it, im just curious). Its brand new without a ding or a scratch. In the original box (a little beat up) and all the original paperwork. It dosent have any of the fancy gold lettering that I've seen in other pictures.

Post subject: Re: 870 "The Mississippi" Ducks Unlimited
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:04 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

This is going off pure memory, but I'm pretty sure yours is one of the commercial version Ducks Unlimited guns they built. They produced a few hundred guns, different models in different years, to be sold at DU auction dinners - so called dinner guns - with upscale wood and sometimes gold filled rollmarking and special crests, and they also made some sponsor guns at least one year, also upgraded. The "commercial" guns had DU markings and were sold over the counter, and there were more of them, and I think some commercial 1100s had a gold DU crest, but otherwise the were the same level of finish as the standard guns.
Value would be about the same as any Wingmaster of the same year and condition. Some people do not like the "commemoratives", and some people really do, so it's hard to be exact. You do have a very good, very shootable, gun.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:29 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Virginian wrote:
Value would be about the same as any Wingmaster of the same year and condition.

Commemoratives usually bring slightly *less* than their plain counterparts.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:40 pm 
Tournament Grade

This particular model is special in that it has the only 32" VR barrel ever produced for the 870.

I have seen NIB examples sell from $550 - $1,100.

The barrel alone unfired will bring $350 - $450 in the right crowd.

Enjoy your gift.

Will