CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mag extensions for Benelli Supernova Tactical
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:32 pm 
Tournament Grade

A +2 extension comes just short of the muzzle, while a +3 extension extends past the muzzle. Is that accurate?

Post subject: Re: Mag extensions for Benelli Supernova Tactical
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:35 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Wouldn't that depend on the barrel length.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:08 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Location: It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to. (1931)
You can cut loops off of a Wolff spring down to 8"-10" longer than the tube and extension, if it will gain you room for another shell. Good luck, Slater.

XTheOwl on another forum wrote:
I called Nordic Components who gave me the overall length on the +2 extension as 5.9 inches. I measured the distance from the metal ring on the barrel to its end and got around 6.25". I didn't see how I could go wrong, so I ordered the extension from Nordic directly (along with the cool rail clamp).
Sure enough, the mag extension is shorter than the barrel by 11/32" (as close as I could measure), which is around what I was looking for.
I know that it doesn't matter as far as functionality, but I hate it when the extension goes past the barrel.
I was going to post a pic, but this forum will not let me. There are some pics in the Benelli photo album over at ShotgunWorld though. Only two under XTheOwl...

I forgot to mention, [with the Nordic +2 extension], it now holds 7+1 with 2-3/4" (+3); 6+1 with 3"; 5+1 with 3-1/2", with spring cut approximately 14" past the tubes...

Nordic Components Inc.
Phone: (320)234-6015
Fax: (320)234-6016

EXT-BR-12-02 EXT TUBE BERETTA EXTREMA 12GA +2

and the clamp in the pic (which you don't need unless you want the rail...)

BCT-XX-12-00 - BARREL CLAMP W/ TAC RAIL 12 GA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:44 pm 
Field Grade

Slater wrote:
A +2 extension comes just short of the muzzle, while a +3 extension extends past the muzzle. Is that accurate?

If you have an 18.5" barrel, this is correct. At least for the Nordic Components extensions.