CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: a400 xtreme official review!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:36 am 
Utility Grade

Tool-Man wrote:
mrecanatini wrote:
Hi guys... I wanted to introduce myself. I'm the social media manager for Beretta.

Welcome ! I think you have my dream job! Look forward to more posts from you!

Thank you so much. I look forward to posting more soon!

Post subject: Re: a400 xtreme officail review!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:16 pm 
Tournament Grade

Does anyone know if the waterfowl version will have spacers to add L.O.P? If it does come with spacers, which ones and what can the longest L.O.P be with all the spacers installed? I saw that standard L.O.P on this model is 14.5"....is that correct?

Oh...what will the weight be....I have read both 7.6 and 8lbs....so which one is correct?

Thanks in advance! DD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:23 pm 
Limited Edition

[quote="DUCKDIGGLER"]Does anyone know if the waterfowl version will have spacers to add L.O.P? If it does come with spacers, which ones and what can the longest L.O.P be with all the spacers installed? I saw that standard L.O.P on this model is 14.5"....is that correct?

Oh...what will the weight be....I have read both 7.6 and 8lbs....so which one is correct?

Thanks in advance
This what I'm talking about this should all be listed under the gun specifications on the website. It would make it so much easier.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:48 pm 
Field Grade

DUCKDIGGLER wrote:
Does anyone know if the waterfowl version will have spacers to add L.O.P? If it does come with spacers, which ones and what can the longest L.O.P be with all the spacers installed? I saw that standard L.O.P on this model is 14.5"....is that correct?

Thanks in advance! DD

From what I saw, spacers will be with this model. Apparently, there is a 1/2" spacer on it standard to make it 14.5" but it is supposed to also come with an additional inch long spacer. The true weight will have to be determined once they are available. It is supposed to be around the 7.6 lbs mark, but I think that is just an average. Some may be heavier and some lighter. I have known any manufacture to hit the true weight exactly.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:43 am 
Tournament Grade

blackout wrote:
no official confirmation but im guessing it wil be round the 8lb mark if not a little more

A rep brought one in to our shop- I wieghed it in a 8 pounds on the nose- 28" Barrel make-up

Silver Creek Outfitters

www.silver-creek.com

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:18 am 
Tournament Grade

Dept550 wrote:
blackout wrote:
no official confirmation but im guessing it wil be round the 8lb mark if not a little more

A rep brought one in to our shop- I wieghed it in a 8 pounds on the nose- 28" Barrel make-up

Silver Creek Outfitters

wasnt a bad guess then :D :D :D

mossberg 500e .410

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:29 pm 
Limited Edition

at 8lbs that is heavier then the xtrema2, nothing wrong with that extra weight for waterfowl loads but seems odd. The tendency is always to make them lighter and lighter.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:41 pm 
Tournament Grade

I really think that (8lbs) was a great move for a gun targeted at wing-shooters who will be choosing magnum loads for almost all their field needs, remember this isn't an "all-around" version of the A400...we already have those available. This gun will be used by guys, for the most part, shooting heavy payloads at fast speeds form fixed position blinds. A guy who wants the aforementioned "all-around" gun would be better served IMO by the Unico version of the A400.

It should make for a pretty good crossover sporting clays gun too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:59 pm 
Limited Edition

DUCKDIGGLER wrote:
I really think that (8lbs) was a great move for a gun targeted at wing-shooters who will be choosing magnum loads for almost all their field needs, remember this isn't an "all-around" version of the A400...we already have those available. This gun will be used by guys, for the most part, shooting heavy payloads at fast speeds form fixed position blinds. A guy who wants the aforementioned "all-around" gun would be better served IMO by the Unico version of the A400.

It should make for a pretty good crossover sporting clays gun too.

I agree, the part I'm wondering is where is the extra weight coming from? If it's the kickoff stock? It just seems odd.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:32 pm 
Tournament Grade

Marbleeye,

I know that they (Beretta) added a stainless steel mag tube and well as stainless components on the KO stock on the A400 clays gun to tip the scales at around 8lbs. so maybe they did the same or possibly this style of KO on the duck gun is indeed heavier. I guess we will know over the next few weeks. If anyone knows different please correct me as I am using hearsay.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:03 pm 
Utility Grade

For the people who own the A400 Extreme, can anyone upload a video on Your Tube for everyone? I get mine at the end of next week and will upload some when I go skeet shooting. I have an Xtrema 2 that a shot one box through and looking to sell it for $1,300.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:33 pm 
Tournament Grade

p12football wrote:
I dont know about anyone else, but when i put the gun up today at my local shop, the kick off came up right to my lips. I really want to get one, (i have an a400 xplor right now and love it) but that concerns me that the pinch point is where i put my lips. kinda wierd.

I would only have to get my lips caught up once and that thing would be sucking salt water!

Just about daybreak in the blind "What's that" (mental note: lips in)

Thanks for that! The lips comment (and associated visual) made me laugh so hard I had to dry my eyes.

Browning Superposed 12ga
Browning Maxus Stalker 12ga
Browing Double Auto
Ugartechea 30 12ga
Savage Milano 20ga
Savage Milano 12ga

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:51 am 
Utility Grade

I own an A400 xtreme and it works awesome for clays !
Even the wife was busting clays on her first try.
The new kick off stock performs nicely. And no it does NOT pinch the shooters lips !
It truly does fire any shell from lightest to heaviest as fast as you can pull the triger.
I'm glad I ditched my 870 cause this new A400 xtreme is awesome !

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:37 pm 
Tournament Grade

Just got mine to the range yesterday for the quick round of skeet (First time out).

I broke 21 but I don't blame the gun. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:42 am 
Tournament Grade

So my question is whats the difference between the 3 1/2" Unico and the Extreme? I know theres a weight difference and camo versions just trying to understand why Beretta went to market with two 3 1/2" capacity guns.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:48 am 
Utility Grade

There are three models of the new A400
The A400 xtreme (unico) synthetic meant for wetland use
The A400 xplore (unico) wood stock meant for upland use
The A400 xcel designed for clay shooting

Unico is Italian for "unique"

The extreme and xplore are both 3&1/2" capable
The xcel is only 2&3/4" & 3" capable

The xtreme has a new kick off system placed more forward on the stock
The xplore uses the older style kick off design placed in the end of the stock
The xcel has a blue receiver (bling factor)and weighted for end cap. Also available is a gunpod computer for the stock that counts rounds fired and other data.

Beretta breaks down these models even further offering some without kick off systems and some models offered in " light weight " configurations.