CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CZ Redhead or CZ Wingshooter?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:29 pm 
Field Grade

hey guys new to the huglu forum. im looking to get my first CZ and i was wondering whats everyones experiences with these two guns. right now im leaning toward the wingshooter just because it looks better for just a $107 more

Thanks Guys!

Post subject: Re: CZ Redhead or CZ Wingshooter?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:34 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

teekler, ImageImage Welcome to the forum, what are you going to use the gun for, Hunting?, Trap?, Skeet?, that will determine which one we suggest.

cdb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:44 pm 
Field Grade

i will be using it for a little bit of hunting but mostly sporting clays. clays=75% and hunting=25%

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:53 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Hey teekler! Image Image to Huglu Forum! {hs#

The Wingshooter and the Redhead are two substantially different guns in two ways. The Redhead has ejectors and the Wingshooter has extractors.

The other big difference is weight. The Wingshooter claims a weight of 6.3 lbs (probably is closer to 6.5 to 6.75 lbs). The Redhead has a claimed weight of 7.7 lbs (probably closer to 8 lbs.)

The Wingshooter with its lighter weight probably has an alloy receiver. The Redhead is steel.

With the nice engraving and skeleton buttplate (according to CZ-USA website) the Wingshooter is one VERY SEXY bird gun.

The Redhead is more "businesslike" and better suited for clayshooting.

As cdb said, tell us a bit more about how you will use this gun and we can give you more intelligent advice on which gun to get.

Personally, if it were my cash I'd be jumping on the Wingshooter. But then....I have 3 progressively younger ex-wives, so we all know that I like sexy things! :oops: :P Image

Robert E. Lee's 200th birthday was 1/19/07. I hope AP Hill takes that hill at Gettysburg in every dream he has. Freedom isn't free. 11B; 54E20

OMG has a whole new meaning. OBAMA MUST GO!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:54 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

teekler wrote:
i will be using it for a little bit of hunting but mostly sporting clays. clays=75% and hunting=25%

Then I would suggest the Redhead, it is heavier and will soak up the recoil, the Wingshooter weighs in at only 6.3 pounds, that is way to light for target shooting JMO.

cdb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:17 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

cdb is quite correct. The Redhead is a far more practical gun for any kind of halfway serious clayshooting.

But the Wingshooter is OH SO SEXY! Image

Better get both!!! :D

Robert E. Lee's 200th birthday was 1/19/07. I hope AP Hill takes that hill at Gettysburg in every dream he has. Freedom isn't free. 11B; 54E20

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:35 pm 
Field Grade

2few: i like your thinking haha

and if i were to get carlsons chokes, which section would i click on? because all i see is huglu 20g but no 12g.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:44 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

teekler wrote:
and if i were to get carlsons chokes, which section would i click on? because all i see is huglu 20g but no 12g.

Can't help you with that as I've never felt the need for aftermarket chokes. Truth be told, I'm a SxS kind of guy and rather like fixed chokes. Yeah....OK...call me old fashioned...Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:39 pm 
Presentation Grade

I have a Redhead and love it for shooting trap. I have also put on Carlson extended chokes. Talk or email them at Carlson and they will help you select the correct chokes. The website does not advertise the correct set for a CZ-USA shotgun but a corresponding set that also fits a certain Benelli shotgun will also work for a CZ-USA 12 ga O/U because I have some and love them too!! Makes my Redhead look pretty sexy too!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:45 am 
Tournament Grade

Welcome to this great forum. I have been using my WingShooter since I got it for trap shooting and have shot more than 3000 rounds thru it without any problems. The WingShooter also has the auto ejectors just like the RedHead. Both the guns you are looking at are very nice guns. The Redhead will be a little bit heavier but they are going to be very similar guns. You can't go wrong with either one. If you are unable to make your mind up, my suggestion would be to just buy both and then you will surely be happy!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:02 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

RichBandit wrote:
The WingShooter also has the auto ejectors just like the RedHead.

Well I'll be ding danged! CZ-USA's website is wrong again.

Sorry about giving you bad info teekler. :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:40 pm 
Field Grade

no problem at all my friend thanks for all the help!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:08 am 
Field Grade

if you want to shoot sporting clays, look at the CZ English Sporter- its their sporting clays model.
the only difference in the red head and wingshooter is cosmetics.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:12 am 
Field Grade

Just got my first over/under last week, the Wingshooter; and tried it out yesterday...AMAZING gun in all aspects! I was with a veteran who was shooting his Browning Liege, and he couldn't stop talking about how beautiful the CZ looked and how extremely well it shot. Other than his Liege, I have only shot a Franchi over/under and like my Wingshooter more than both.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:27 am 
Tournament Grade

I was between the Wingshooter and Redhead in 20ga, and the Redhead won simply because it was available with 26" barrels. There was a wingshooter 20ga on sale for nearly the same money, but i found I shot my FFL guy's redhead very well, and wanted to stick with it.

The wingshooter is gorgeous!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:37 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

teekler wrote:
2few: i like your thinking haha

The CZ 12 gauges use Beretta/Benelli (Ber/Ben) Mobil Chokes, and Carlson's has good prices and great service.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:34 pm 
Tournament Grade

... and then there is the woodcock. Steel receiver for weight and the sexiness of the wingshooter. Out of production but still a few NIB around in 12 ga.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:29 pm 
Tournament Grade

WELCOME ..
I was in the same boat about 1.5 years back. I went with the Wingshooter, because it is sexier. But I do like REDHEADS too. I also picked the WS because I was going to hunt with it, and the lighter weight makes a difference when carrying it all day a field. If your going to do more clays then hunting Cbd is correct as always, the extra wgt. will be better. But the both will do the job very well.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:03 pm 
Tournament Grade

I prefer blondes or brunetts over redheads :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously; I have to agree with CDB, go with the heavier gun if your going to be shooting clays.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:49 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

2fewdaysafield wrote:
Hey teekler! Image Image to Huglu Forum! {hs#

The Wingshooter and the Redhead are two substantially different guns in two ways. The Redhead has ejectors and the Wingshooter has extractors.

The other big difference is weight. The Wingshooter claims a weight of 6.3 lbs (probably is closer to 6.5 to 6.75 lbs). The Redhead has a claimed weight of 7.7 lbs (probably closer to 8 lbs.)

I think you're looking in the wrong place 2few - 6.3 lbs is the claimed weight for the now discontinued 28 ga Wingshooter. The 12 ga is listed at 7.4 lbs. The difference between the Redhead and Wingshooter is likely to be a few ounces, if it's even that. The 12 and 20 ga Wingshooters also sport ejectors, just like the Redhead. 28s and .410s in both models have extractors.

They are both 103s, just like the Canvasback. The only real difference is the sideplates and engraving on the Wingshooter. All three are the same gun, differentiated by cosmetics.

Gig 'Em Aggies!
Boosting the numbers with every post

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.