CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MDS choke tubes?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:50 pm 
Limited Edition

I see what looks like a heckuva sale on MDS mobil choke tubes for 12 gauge only on the berettausa website. Never heard of them......has anybody else or has used them? Flush are 2 or more for 8 bucks each and extended 2 or more are I think 10 bucks each.

Zoomed in on the picture and they show as being for "lead shot only". Beretta site says they are "the same as factory OEM replacement tubes". Wouldn't that indicate steel compatability? Don't know if that is just a representative pic or not but sure would like to know. I assume standard "Beretta" chokes are good for steel shot as well?

Thanks for your help
Woody

Post subject: Re: MDS choke tubes?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:31 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I bought a few of these to round out my Mobilchoke arsenal. MDS stands for "Mechanica del Sarca", and is a subsidiary of Beretta. They make choke tubes, magazines and various parts for Beretta.
http://www.sarca.it/default.htm
Their Modified and tighter chokes are marked for Lead Only, but the more open ones have steel rating on them too. They have a very complete range of constrictions as well.
I have only used my Light Modified and it seemed fine, although I have not patterned it.
The wrench notches seemed a little tight for my Berretta Mobilchoke wrench, but for the price it would hard to go wrong, try em out.

The eye of the master can do more work than both hands.

Experience keeps a dear school but fools will learn in no other.