CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beretta 627EL
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:34 am 
Utility Grade

Is there anyone on this board who is familiar with this side by side?
I just picked one up and would like to remove the stock to check the condition of the internals. The side plates concern me as far as stock removal goes. Is it just the stock bolt holding the stock on or do I need to remove any screws from the sideplates also?
Thanks for any info on this gun.

Post subject: Re: Beretta 627EL
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:03 pm 
Tournament Grade

To the best of my recollections I first removed the side plates. It's been a few years but the one thing I remember is the side plates come off. They are much easier than side-locks.
Ron

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:26 pm 
Utility Grade

Thanks for the reply Ron.
Here is what I discovered so far: There is a screw pin in the sideplate. I removed the most rearward screw as it most definitly goes all the way through the stock to the other side.
The sideplates appear to be of the fake variety, as they stay with the block. Anyway, I am able to pull the stock back away from the reciever easily, however I can only move it 1/4" then it stops solidly. I'm not sure what it is catching on, maybe the trigger assembly? Ill leave it alone until I can get more information.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:54 pm 
Crown Grade

They are false side plates. I have a 627 EELL which is essentially the same gun.
I've never taken off the side plates. Take off the recoil pad and there should be a bolt holding the stock in place. Remove it and the stock should come off.
What do your barrels say??
Mine says Berergeon(sp) NY/NY
Let me know if that works.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:47 am 
Utility Grade

Hi Doc,
I removed the stock bolt and this screw that does go all the way through the stock and screws to the other side of the sideplate.

This is how far I can slide the stock rearward until it catches on something solid.
I have not put too much pressure to get it off. But it sure feels like it hits something solid.
My barrels say Beretta-gardone VT Italy and Beretta USA corp MD.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:51 pm 
Crown Grade

There should be a bolt in the stock holding the action in place. Not the one thru the side plates. Take off the recoil pad and look in the end of the stock. There should be a nut on the stock bolt. 13mm??
Remove bolt and stock should slide off.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:09 pm 
Utility Grade

Yes, I definitley removed the stock bolt. Do you remember if your stock slid off easily after removing the bolt and screw? I have taken a few stocks off, it is strange that this one is hanging up on something. But this is my first side by side. Guess that is why they invented gunsmiths? :)Image

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:37 pm 
Tournament Grade

Take the front short screw out of the side plate and remove the side plates. You will be able to see the area where you may find a vertical screw keeping you from removing the stock. It's been a while since I had a 627 and at the time I was working on replacing the stock. The side plates removed will make a visual check easy and they go back in place easily. Also the rear long screw passes through a steel sleeve which you will see when the plates are removed.
Best
Ron