CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Picked up new TLR-1 Streamlight for 930 SPX
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:25 am 
Field Grade

Hi Guys:

I wanted a light to attach to me Mossy 930 SPX NC clamp and rail and decided to with the TLR-1 Streamlight becuase of all the high ratings supported here in the basement. :)

I usually am a Surefire guy and have a couple of the Exex. Elites E2a's and a couple Defender E2d LEDs, 200 Lumens with my pistols. I have a Tac3 Illuminator on my RRA AR-15 that is a pretty good light also. It has the same light switch setup as the TLR-1.

All that being said, I am really impressed with TLR-1. At 160 Lumens and the strobe mode it seems to be a quality light.

They should take who ever wrote the instructions out behind the woodshed and beat them with a 2x4 though. :roll:

When I first starting reading the instructions to install the batteries it says to flip the little black latch up. It doesn't sat to force all the way back until the front door pops open. :o

Then for the rail keys, it dosen't tell you the light all ready comes with a rail key installed all ready. If you never worked with rail keys before how the hell would you know this? :?:

I did find the strobe feature very easy to work though. You have to remember you have to hold the momentary position in place for the strobe to work, when you let go it stops.

The stobe is really impressive. If you don't think so, go in a darkened room and hit the strobe light in a mirror to reflect back in your eyes and see what happens. HOLLY CRAP!!! Now imagine you are a perp and someone with a loaded shotgun is behind that flashing probing light.

Thanks for the great reviews guys, great light. I bought mine at LAGear for $99 plus $8.00 shipping.

Regards PAHunter

Last edited by PAHunter2011 on Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Picked up new TLR-1 Streamlight for 930 SPX
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:25 pm 
Limited Edition

Have to agree with the instruction manual being vague at best. Once you get into the strobe mode put good pressure on the on side of the toggle switch and release the other side very quickly it will continue to strobe without having to hold the toggle switch. The transition has to be quick and this is the way it works best for me.
doc

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:49 am 
Field Grade

Yes and yes on the instructions. Mine came with the Glock key installed for some reason. It took me a while to realize that. And I figured the battery door out on my own by looking at it. It was a much tigher fit that I expected.
And if I remember right... there isn't a +- on the light for the battery installation? I originally thought both negatives went against the springs, like is normally done, until I saw the picture in the instructions.
Very powerful little light though.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:45 am 
Field Grade

Yep no + or - signs for the battery. Mine also came with the Glock rail key installed and works on my rail setup.

I still can't figure out how to keep the strobe function on constant? I can get it to activate easily but not to stay on constant.

Doc... I tried what you said, putting good pressure on the side of the toggle switch then release? but it still doesn't work. I guess I will have to break down and call the company. :roll:

Great light, but the instructions suck.

PAHunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:51 am 
Field Grade

Ooops just figured it out. Doc you were right. Once in strobe mode, flip quickly to regular constant on mode. The strobe will stay lit. {hs#

Geez..... nothing in the instructions about that baby....LOL

PAHunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:31 pm 
Tournament Grade

Email your dislikes to Streamlight.

bc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:29 pm 
Field Grade

Actually I talked to them on the phone. I did suggest a better instruction manual in more detail. They are aware of the short cummings and are supposed to be working on it. It is a great light.

Regards PAH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:34 pm 
Tournament Grade

The few times I've had to deal with Streamlight's customer service, they've been stellar. I'd wager that your complaint has been passed to the appropriate people.

bc