CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Best deal ever on shotgun shells...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:20 pm 
Crown Grade

bought four flats (1000 rounds) of Peters (made by Remington) premium grade 12ga heavy target loads at Gander Mountain this morning. Regular price was $7.99 per box, marked down to $4.97 per box, and today an additional 25% off the $4.97! That's $3.71 per box!!! In all my years, never seen a deal this good... :)

tomorrow morning, 200 will fly out of the barrels of this Browning!!

Post subject: Re: Best deal ever on shotgun shells...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:46 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

That's not a bad deal, but about 5 years ago, I bought 2 pallets of shells (as I recall, 96 flats per pallet), for $13.20 a flat(!!) It took me almost a year to shoot all of those up.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:37 pm 
Crown Grade

Must be an in-store special. Can't find them anywhere on the Gander website.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:46 pm 
Crown Grade

GrizzlyAlan wrote:
Must be an in-store special. Can't find them anywhere on the Gander website.

nothing mentioned on their website. I just finished with an appointment and wondered over to kill a little time. They were individual boxes set up on three large special sale tables. They were kind enough to re-box them up into 10 box flats. I may go back tonight. Their stiff loads, but recoil is not much of a problem with an 8 pound + Browning!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:09 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

No luck at my local gander, and all the reloading stuff they had on clearance for the last month for so is back to their regular retail price (which is 2x as much as I can can get it at my regular supplier).

kolarskeet@gmail.com
http://www.sminglershotgunsports.webs.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:25 pm 
Presentation Grade

A couple weeks ago my nephew calls me and says a customer of his has some ammo.I ask how much she wants and he says 5.00 a box. there are 13 of them, Federal Gold Medals. Thinking that's a good price for Federal's ,I said go ahead buy them for me. I meet him on the side of the road and was stunned when he shows me the back of the truck...... 13 cases. He asked if that was a good deal.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:33 am 
Presentation Grade

chairman wrote:
A couple weeks ago my nephew calls me and says a customer of his has some ammo.I ask how much she wants and he says 5.00 a box. there are 13 of them, Federal Gold Medals. Thinking that's a good price for Federal's ,I said go ahead buy them for me. I meet him on the side of the road and was stunned when he shows me the back of the truck...... 13 cases. He asked if that was a good deal.

Sounds like some fell off of a truck.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:03 pm 
Presentation Grade

Uhm no there not stolen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:06 am 
Field Grade

I get Federal Target Breast Cancer Pink Shells for 4.47 a box at Rodgers Sporting Goods in Libnerty MO. They not on sale regular price.
Biggest rip off I ever saw was back a long time ago before I got into shooting a guy I worked with shot a trap league. He went to Sam's club in Dallas bought a case for 5.00. Seems the check out girl rang them up as 5 a flat and not a box. He took total advantage of the poor girl loading up a push cart with numerous cases after he took the original purchase to his car. Some people have no scruples :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:20 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Icemanxxxv,
Don't be too quick to bash that guy. I have been in more than one "big box" store when mistakes like this were made. In each case I pointed it out to the clerk and was told, "No, that's the right price." I even had one manager look at me and say, "Do you want the 'product' or not?" What are you supposed to do? Me, I'll buy as much as I can afford.

When you try your best to set things right, I don't see it as unscrupulous to just buy it. Does it teach the store a lesson to clean them out like that guy did? I hope so, but if it doesn't, they aren't losing enough money to notice. Most stores lose 100 times that in theft.

“Endeavor to clear your mind of can't.” - Francis P. Church

Col 4:6
Hate the ads? Become a Bonus Member, click here.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:34 am 
Tournament Grade

Fin Feather & Fur up here in the Cleveland area has Federal Top Gun target loads on sale for $46.99/flat. That is the best price I have seen on target loads in a while. I was up at Gander this weekend and the cheapest shells there were $7.00/box (Federal Game and Target).

Dicks sporting goods regularly has Remington Gun Clubs for $5.48/box if you buy by the flat.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:41 am 
Field Grade

My intention was not to bash the guy just the biggest rip off I've seen he never tried to set it right. I have scruples and would not have done what he did. Now giving to your experiance with the manager chimming in. I would be more than helpful in removing stock from a manager who insisted I do. Even after I brought to his or her attention what the correct price is.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:05 pm 
Field Grade

That is a pretty good deal! I have been pretty happy with my local place, standard price for Federal Top Gun and Remington Gun Club is $50/flat. Better price than the budget stuff from walmart in my area.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:42 am 
Crown Grade

Academy Sports for the last several yrs has put Win., Fed 12&20ga on sale for $3.99 a box and local stores have no limit on amount. This occurs on Labor Day weekend(opening of dove season here), In conjunction with this La. has the Second Amendment law for which there is no sales tax on firearms,ammo,hunting gear during that weekend. I bought 20 flats of 12ga and paid no sales tax. Was a good deal for me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:30 am 
Utility Grade

Fin Feather Fur in Ohio sells Federal Top Gun for $45-46 per 250 shells. Just under $5 per box after tax.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:54 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Thank goodness they have the new 209 primers!

:roll:

617422, I like K guns

~~ "Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence." ~~

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:15 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I posted it on SGW General at the time, but last year Dick's had AA 12 ga for $5.65. Winchester of course had the $2 rebate. The sale was supposed to be $5.65 AFTER rebate, but Dick's forgot to include that in the ad, and the manager insisted on giving me the deal. Ten Flats, $3.65/box. :D

They have Gun Clubs at $4.98 right now, but my ball and chain says the closet full of Federal blue box Target at $4.77 from wally world is enough. Women just don't understand how quick and sweet cheap ammo shoots! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:08 pm 
Field Grade

My brother in law bought a bunch of rem game loads for a dollar a box at a wal-mart in Tampa the other day. He said that they were remodeling the out door section and needed the room. I told him that someone probably made a mistake.