CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Browning Citori 725 Sporting
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:25 pm 
Tournament Grade

I am interested in the new Citori 725 Sporting shotgun. Although they are considered a 2012 gun, they were scheduled for release a month ago ( September ).

I can't find one anywhere, and my local dealers either have never heard of the 725, or have no idea when they might get one .......

Does anyone have them yet ?

Post subject: Re: Browning Citori 725 Sporting
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:57 pm 
Tournament Grade

Hey Calico,

Joel Etchen Guns says they'll be out in November...

http://www.joeletchenguns.com/newbrowningshotguns.htm

They sure look nice. When you grab one, please post some pics and let us know what you think!

Chris

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:13 pm 
Tournament Grade

Thanks Chris ..... I hope the 725 Sporting model is available soon. I've got the itch !

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:31 am 
Utility Grade

I was on the phone with Browning last week and was told the 725's will not be available until 2012. I informed them that their website says late 2011 and he said well it's a 2012 gun.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:40 am 
Tournament Grade

Thank You for the update.

I believe the original release date was Sept., then I heard it was Nov., now maybe after the New Year.

It worries me when a manufacture can't maintain their delivery dates. It makes me feel like something is wrong, and it's taking longer to fix the problem.

OH well = Beretta's are excellent too .............

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:21 pm 
Field Grade

I was able to demo a 30" 725 Sporting last weekend at the National Sporting Clays National Championship in San Antonio. I took it over to the 5-Stand practice field and shot a couple of rounds. It felt really nice, balanced nicely and swung well. The 3 1/2 lb trigger was crisp, but lighter than the 4 1/2 lb pull on my gun. I had two shots that went off before I was ready, so it would some time for me to adjust to a lighter trigger pull. I wish I could have patterned it to see if it shoots 50/50 or 60/40. I am definitely leaning towards getting one of these.

I called two local gun shops and they are telling be that they should be in the stores by the first of December. I am hearing that the guns are available now; its the availablilty of the chokes that is delaying the release of the gun.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:05 pm 
Crown Grade

Money has it that the 725 will replace the Cynergy. The Cynergy has become a major flop for Browning. This is a good way to save face. Also, the 725 will not compare well with the 625 Citori. The 725 will retail less than the 625 by $700 bucks. What does that tell you!?!

Cheaper triggers, cheaper barrels and a simplified monoblock. You now have the equivalent to a 686 series Beretta. Sorry, not interested...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:48 pm 
Limited Edition

Actually the Cynergy is going back into R&D during 2012 for a re-design and improvement on a few things since it's been in production and afield for a few years.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:15 pm 
Limited Edition

http://www.shotgunworld.com/shotguns/gun ... -auto.html

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:58 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Slugo wrote:
Money has it that the 725 will replace the Cynergy. The Cynergy has become a major flop for Browning. This is a good way to save face. Also, the 725 will not compare well with the 625 Citori. The 725 will retail less than the 625 by $700 bucks. What does that tell you!?!

Cheaper triggers, cheaper barrels and a simplified monoblock. You now have the equivalent to a 686 series Beretta. Sorry, not interested...

Money? :shock: Perhaps dumb money.

The Cynergy has not at all been a flop, major or otherwise. The opposite is true. For the 725, better triggers, lighter / more responsive barrels, and a better choke system . . . all point to a vast improvement over the 625. The 725 has nothing at all to do with a 686 Beretta. I'm not sure how you managed to cram so much bad info into one post . . . but, you managed.

http://randywakeman.com

Post subject: Browning Citori 725 Sporting
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:25 pm 
Crown Grade

Randy, put down the crack pipe. The Cynergy has been a complete flop. What rock are you living under. I've been shooting sporting clays since they were introduced here in the US. I can count on less than two hands how many shooters have coveted the Cynergy. Talk about bad info in this one post, read some of your reviews...

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:54 pm 
Crown Grade

The Cynergy is going no where. The gun disappearing from the line is the 625 in 12 gauge. The small gauge 625's will continue in production at least this year. The cost of the 725 is lower in part because the finish is plainer. The wood wasn't grade 3, the receiver is plainly finished. It is delightfully balanced and the triggers are excellent. Pulls are reportedly coming in at 3.5 pounds and the one I handled had triggers in that range. The barrel flare for the choke tubes is gone on the 725. Weight is in the sub 8 pound range, so it would make a quite tolerable field gun. I didn't get to shoot it, but my initial impression was quite positive.
Dave

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:59 pm 
Crown Grade

Dave, I pretty much agree with you, but until the 725 hits the streets we won't have definitive answers on all our questions. The *25 series Citories have been the most popular O/U's since the introduction of the 325 back in 1992. The guns have set a standard that will be tough to beat. The 725 will be initially a plane Jane gun until such a time that FN see's their popularity increase. Then we should see more iterations hit the market.

As for the lowly Cynergy, well, that's another story. They died a few years ago and now a few folks are strapped with 48" long paper weights. But then, Randy Wakeman (Mr. I know it all) can reincarnate them with one of his laughable reviews! LOLOL...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:33 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Hard to get a "686" out of this action. Keep striving.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:04 pm 
Crown Grade

Wakeman, you didn't even get the gist of my statement. Again...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:58 pm 
Limited Edition

I'll take a 725 in 20ga any day over a Beretta even if Ugo signed it himself.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:54 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Slugo wrote:
The Cynergy has been a complete flop. What rock are you living under. I've been shooting sporting clays since they were introduced here in the US. I can count on less than two hands how many shooters have coveted the Cynergy.

If you go back and read the opening post of the thread carefully, you'll quickly discover that the attempted discussion was about the 725, not an invitation for personal remarks, random and unsubstantiated comments about Beretta 686's or dreams about what is or isn't popular at the local club. You don't need to play with your hands to quickly discover that there are several Cynergy owners right here on this forum. If it was a flop, it would be discontinued-- pretty simple to figure out there.

The 725 is a long overdue refresh of the 325 / 425 / 525 / 625 and addresses two areas long lamented about the Citori: heavy triggers and heavy barrels along with the lower profile receiver. Sounds like good stuff to me.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:58 pm 
Crown Grade

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:51 am 
Tournament Grade

I appreciate ALL the comments and opinions. I think I may really like the 725, because I like the Cynergy. I've owned both a 20 gauge and a .410 Cynergy. A sweet gun - and, mine were the Classic Field variety, so I wouldn't compare them to Sporting Clay guns and attempt to draw conclusions based on that comparsion. Although my .410 Cynergy is a Field gun, it has scored perfect Skeet games. Yet, I wouldn't define it's abilities, good or bad, compared to other Skeet guns.

Hopefully, the 725 will be available soon. I like the lighter weight guns, and the lighter trigger pull should be interesting, couplede with a lower profile this may be a Winner. I'll let ya know what I think after taking it out for a Test Drive.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:04 am 
Crown Grade

Calico Hunter... my local Browning rep said it should be out after the first of the year. Maybe February or March. Who really knows!?!