CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sling for Mossberg 500 18 1/2 inch barrel
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:56 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a Mossberg 500 with an 18 1/2 inch barrel and a collapsible stock. I want to install a sling on it and I know that 3 points would get caught up when i racked it, and a 1 point I would still need to use one hand to secure. So I am thinking about a 2 point. What do you guys think?

Post subject: Re: Sling for Mossberg 500 18 1/2 inch barrel
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:41 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

2 point is a great idea for a pump gun.

Mine is a homemade simple carry strap. Works good lasts long time.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:18 pm 
Utility Grade

I just installed a VTAC, 2 point. Love it, adjust it from "out" or long to "in" or short when you need to secure it. Strongly recommend it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:36 pm 
Utility Grade

cnickgo wrote:
I just installed a VTAC, 2 point. Love it, adjust it from "out" or long to "in" or short when you need to secure it. Strongly recommend it.

Yeah, I am a big fan of 5.11 gear, but my question is will I be able to install it on mine? There is no swivel.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:48 pm 
Limited Edition

I have a box full of slings that I have tried over the years and I agree that 3 point slings don't work on pump guns. IMO, the best 2 point sling currently available is the Vickers Combat Applications Sling http://www.blueforcegear.com/products/V ... 84%A2.html

There are several ways of attaching the sling to your gun. Your stock probably has a sling stud for attaching a swivel. As an alternative, the stock may also have a horizontal slot which is used to attach a sling adapter. I am guessing that your other attachment point on your gun is a sling stud either on the magazine clamp or magazine cap, which also is used to attach a swivel.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:25 pm 
Utility Grade

montgomeryja wrote:
cnickgo wrote:

Yeah, I am a big fan of 5.11 gear, but my question is will I be able to install it on mine? There is no swivel.

I like 5.11 too, but the VTAC I believe was orignated by Viking Tactical, which is what I purchased. I used this swivel set:
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=2652 ... WIVEL-SETS

Comes with the swivels, a mag tube end cap with the swivel attachment, a spanner wrench to change the end cap, and a wood screw if you have a wood stock. Which collapsible stock do you have on yours? My Kicklite has a swivel attachment, so I just needed to use the end cap and swivels.