CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Baikal's New Autoloader MP-155
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:27 pm 
Utility Grade

Afzaal wrote:
i stated proper 31g load because our beloved WIL shot No.8 is not Proper 31g load according to many of my hunter amigos ( to be honest i did not check it my self )
ok give it a try your 155 with shot No.6 or 4 and see its result.
atleast you should give it a try 100 rounds ...
regards

you are absolutely right bro. WIL cartridges are at times not exactly 31g. some of the benefits that I get by being in their skeet team is that I am entitled to have cartridges manufactured for my use according to my own specifications such as: shot load, primer type, propellant type and wad. lets meet up someday, I'll show you some of the cartridges that we use. have you seen the new NO. 7 Super and 9 Super cartridges? thats my work. :)

Pretty soon you'll be seeing WIL made 28g foster type slugs hit the market as well. almost everything has been finalized.

coming back to MP-155, bro, we tried all types of cartridges that we had at the moment and it included shots No. 4 and 8.

my thinking is simple, its not an achievement if a gun cycles flawlessly when there is an excess of 3 tons of pressure in the barrel.

you are also quiet right, 100 rounds could improve things as parts settle in but does an AK require a break-in? why should Baikal be any different? the way I see it, people buy Baikal products not because of their charming good looks and awesome handling properties. Baikal products are sold and bought as purely functional firearms. the emphasis is on "function" here.

Regards.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:16 pm 
Presentation Grade

12GAUGE-PAKGUNS wrote:
does an AK require a break-in? why should Baikal be any different? the way I see it, people buy Baikal products not because of their charming good looks and awesome handling properties. Baikal products are sold and bought as purely functional firearms. the emphasis is on "function" here.

Regards.

1. AK is supposed to cycle with ammo of one pressure. A 12 guage hunting gun must cycle ammo with various pressure. A harder job both for designer and for the maker.
2. To achieve this (cycling many types of ammo) the working parts of the gun must be extra smooth. The makers of upmarket semis (like Benelli) have this job done by an employee at the factory, but this is a hand job and rather expensive. Makers of cheap semis discovered that the same effect could be had by running about a 100 of high-pressure loads though it ('breaking in'). Some cheap makers (e.g. Khan of Turkey) have this done themselves, at the factory - doubles as quality conrol. Others (IzhMech, a.k.a 'Baikal'), leave it to the consumer, and cut the price even more.
3. Consequently, the need for 'breaking in' is not a defect, it is a feature of the product.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:28 pm 
Presentation Grade

MP-155 in plastic polymer is now available in Russia.
Photos: http://www.izhguns.ru/info_gds.php?i=GBL0201025I2#
Also: http://www.izharsenal.ru/catalog/27/3283/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:11 am 
Utility Grade

Humpty Dumpty wrote:
12GAUGE-PAKGUNS wrote:
does an AK require a break-in? why should Baikal be any different? the way I see it, people buy Baikal products not because of their charming good looks and awesome handling properties. Baikal products are sold and bought as purely functional firearms. the emphasis is on "function" here.

Regards.

1. AK is supposed to cycle with ammo of one pressure. A 12 guage hunting gun must cycle ammo with various pressure. A harder job both for designer and for the maker.
2. To achieve this (cycling many types of ammo) the working parts of the gun must be extra smooth. The makers of upmarket semis (like Benelli) have this job done by an employee at the factory, but this is a hand job and rather expensive. Makers of cheap semis discovered that the same effect could be had by running about a 100 of high-pressure loads though it ('breaking in'). Some cheap makers (e.g. Khan of Turkey) have this done themselves, at the factory - doubles as quality conrol. Others (IzhMech, a.k.a 'Baikal'), leave it to the consumer, and cut the price even more.
3. Consequently, the need for 'breaking in' is not a defect, it is a feature of the product.

Your are absolutely correct bro. I guess somebody forgot to tell this NIB MP-153 that she needs to be broken-in before she can cycle all loads. ;)

This MP-153 is firing light skeet (24g) loads while set at heavy loads by unscrewing (or turning out) the gas adjustment nut beyond the cut.

https://vimeo.com/61037122

Regards.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:00 pm 
Presentation Grade

First photos of camouflage version of MP-155:

http://www.izhguns.ru/info_gds.php?i=GBL02010262N

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:48 am 
Tournament Grade

pleased to watch it thanks for posting...Khan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:32 am 
Presentation Grade

Read an article recently. It states the plans of the factory include a 3.5" chambered version, a 20 gauge, and a MP 135 pump.

If they do come up with a 20, I'll give it a look.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:28 am 
Presentation Grade

Humpty,

The MP-135 pump is already on the manufacturer's website: http://baikalinc.ru/ru/company/379.html

It is also available for sale in your country: http://www.izharsenal.ru/catalog/28/3288/

The news about 20 gauge MP-155 is very interesting indeed.

What happened to the talks.guns.ru website? It is off line for a while now.

Below is a photo from the Baikal stand at the IWA-2013 exhibition in Germany.
All 3 versions of the MP-155 are shown (wood, black polymer, camouflage)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:39 am 
Presentation Grade

Tozman wrote:

Attacked by hackers who attempted to delete all information on the server. A rival 'gun lovers' social network' is strongly suspected; shortly before the attacks on guns.ru all guns.ru users were mailed invitations to the competing resource - through contact information which was NOT disclosed for public view in their profiles. What's worth, some time after the attack, all guns.ru archive, including users' private messages and information, was posted for open access on a third country web host (now blocked after privacy abuse complaints, but someone still has it). According to the guns.ru owner, the site is being repaired and will launch again some time in the future; a complaint to the law authorities was filed and an investigaion is in progress.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:09 pm 
Presentation Grade

Tozman wrote:
Humpty,

Back online.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:36 am 
Presentation Grade

MP 135 pump hits the shelves.

ICPS shooters who tried it aren't happy, though.