CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stoeger m3500 Vs. Benelli Super Vinci
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:53 am 
Utility Grade

Hello to all ! I am new here and I came in search of real world information . I'm not trying to beat a dead horse , but I am in the market for a new Waterfowl shotgun . Now I know there is a huge price difference between the two guns, m3500 and super vinci , and thats not a problem , what I am looking for is am I pissing away (excuse my french) money in the Benelli if these two are comparable . I have searched and searched on info on both guns but what I have found is dated . I want to get a gun that is reliable and that I will have for years .

Post subject: Re: Stoeger m3500 Vs. Benelli Super Vinci
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:40 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

amerdt4 wrote:
...I want to get a gun that is reliable and that I will have for years .

Get the Benelli. The Vinci may not be the prettiest gun at the party, but it will keep working long after the Stoeger dies (OK, start the flames coming :lol: ). I have had the opportunity to use a Vinci for a round of Clays. It pointed nicely, handled 1 oz. target loads without any problems, and was still virtually clean at the end of the day. While I have not shot the 3500, I have heard a lot of horror stories about Stoeger shotguns. A buddy of mine had one fall apart in his hands. That same gun also had a stuck firing pin and had to be sent back to Stoeger for repair. He intelligently sold the gun when it came back and didn't appear to be fixed to his satifaction.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:40 pm 
Diamond Grade

A friend of mine who guides shoots the stoeger and likes it. FWIW, browning has a new inertia gun coming out soon. Might be worth a looksee. Their web site says it will be ready spring of 2012.

http://www.browning.com/library/infonew ... asp?ID=372

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:09 pm 
Utility Grade

I shoot the m3500 and it has worked flawlessly. It will shoot anything that you put in it. It only took about 1 box of heavy stuff to break it in where it would cycle the light loads without hiccup. As for the quality of the gun, it is sound. Stoeger had some quality control issues in the beginning, but has made great strides in that department. You will be shooting the m3500 for a very long time. This is a gun that they spent a long time developing to make sure it was right. And they have done a great job. Benelli's are great, but I think m3500 is a better choice. IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:59 pm 
Crown Grade

I'd like to present an example that might seem a little out there at first, but bare wtih me. You can buy an AyA SxS shotgun out of their custom shop that will be every bit as functional and as pretty to the untrained eye as anything at South Audley Street in London (James Purdey). The AyA will set you back between $20k and $40k depending on your specifications. A comparable Purdey can be used as collateral for purchasing a house.

Is there a difference in the the two guns other than the price? Sure. The Purdey is finished to the most exacting specifications. AyA typically gets to a point where they say "good enough." Will the difference between the two have any bearing on the reliability or shootability? Not likely. The point here is that you get what you pay for. The Purdey takes many more hours to bring it to the ulitmate finished state, and you pay for those manhours. But, there is no guarantee that either gun will not be a clunker and develop problems. But the odds are great that either won't.

In your case, comparing the Benelli to the Stoeger is not quite the same as the above example. Benelli has the manufacturer's name and subsequently its' reputation stamped right on the barrel. The Stoeger, on the other hand, is a price point gun that an importer specified to be a 3.5 inch semi automatic to be sold at some given retail point. The first thing to be effected will be the overall finish. Next will be the fit and finish of the individual parts. Lastly, the quality of the materials will be somewhat suspect. The good news is that the guns are proofed to identical specifications. But, proofing determines that the barrels and receiver can withstand the forces of ignition. What proofing does not do is to guarantee the reliability.

You get what you pay for. Chances are greater that the Benelli will out last the Stoeger.

Frank

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:01 pm 
Tournament Grade

Stoeger and Benelli don't even belong in the same category. That benelli is far, far superior in ever aspect.....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:44 pm 
Limited Edition

My stoeger m2000 was lousy, I hope they have improved. I read that the m3500 has a 9lb trigger pull. Have you shot recoil operated guns before?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:59 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I'd look at the Benelli SBE or the M2 personally over that damn Vinci and yes I have shot one.

"I dare do all that may become a man; Who dares do more , is none"
Bill S.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:03 am 
Limited Edition

there are quite a few options in between as far a price goes. Are you limited to just those 2?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:22 am 
Diamond Grade

amerdt4 wrote:
I know there is a huge price difference between the two guns, m3500 and super vinci , and thats not a problem , what I am looking for is am I pissing away (excuse my french) money in the Benelli if these two are comparable .

Well, the two are not comparable....so, no, you will not be wasting money on the B-gun.
I have one rule: always get the priciest gun you can afford. That's the only way to have "no regrets, mate".

Search the forums on the refuge, on duckhuntingchat, etc. Stoegers seem to have a disproportionate number of issues. Neither gun is perfect (the Xtrema2 is perfect :mrgreen: ), but the Benelli is closer to perfection than is the Stoeger.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:03 pm 
Tournament Grade

My M3500 has been flawless thus far. I'm glad I bought it. It fit me better than the SBEII I was going to purchase. I'm guessing it's getting close to a case of shells shoot through it from target loads to 3" to 3.5" stuff(about 30%/30%/40%) and hasn't had a hiccup. Only thing it wouldn't shoot was 1oz target loads when new. Bet it will now. I know the birds sure haven't enjoyed seeing it come up out of the blind either.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:10 pm 
Tournament Grade

The 3500 is a good gun and as said above one Stoeger took time to develop. It is probably not close to the Super Vinci in balance, craftsmanship, etc. However, for a working gun to use on ducks, geese, turkeys, etc. it's very nice.

Over time I think it will have a much better reputation than the 2000 which for some reason they can't get right.

The 3500 appears to be a different beast. I love the way mine shoots and am sold wholesale on the inertia guns. Methinks a Vinci is in my future. :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:15 am 
Crown Grade

Stoeger feels good.I don't think they belong in the same category as a Benelli Autoloader. They aren't the same quality. Go with the best you can afford. Someone bought a Remington 1187 super mag for skeet and trap... I explained everything. He turned down a Beretta 3901 because the kid he called to confirm Beretta was a good gun after I convinced him the 3901 would be a better bet said he hadn't heard of Beretta and he wasn't sure if it's a good company....

1911, Remington, and Beretta Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:56 pm 
Utility Grade

Thanks for all the advice . I have been reading everyones responses but couldnt respond myself . I will let you all know I am now the proud owner of a Benelli Super Vinci .

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:06 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

You made the best choice, as far as I'm concerned.

http://randywakeman.com

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:14 pm 
Diamond Grade

I take bake my earlier post...my friend had something in the trigger group break...lots of pieces ratteling around inside the gun and the trigger fell out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:06 pm 
Utility Grade

There is definitely nothing wrong with the Stoeger M3500. I bought it for my son and it shoots flawlessly. It have the same inertia system as the Benelli. I don't think there is a better gun in the price range. However, for about $50 more I would strongly recomend the new Beretta A300 Outlander. I have shot over a thousand rounds in the last 4 weeks and not one jam or mishap. Good luck and remember...it's the archer not the arrow. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:17 pm 
Limited Edition

No comparison. Vinci all day! I know lots of people think the Vinci is ugly but I think it looks sweet!

Mossberg 500 20ga