CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 12 GA OU ERA Made in Brazil FIE Value ?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:42 pm 
Utility Grade

Hello All

A newbie here and to shotgunning .. I told a buddy that I was thinking about getting a shotgun and he told me he had one that he didn't use anymore .. It is a 12 Ga that is chambered in 2 3/4 .. It is a OU model ..It is a ERA made in Brazil for FIE .. I did some checking out but couldn't find a whole heck of alot of info on ths shotgun ..

He is a buddy of mine and want to give him a fair price .. Its in real nice shape overall .. What would be a fair price to offer him ?

Thanks

Raystown

Post subject: Re: 12 GA OU ERA Made in Brazil FIE Value ?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:31 pm 
Field Grade

I also have one of those guns. They were made for FIE by Boito, I believe. The biggest problem is finding someone to work on it if it needs service -- most gunsmiths cite the difficulty in obtaining parts as the reason. There is one website that advertises parts, but the exploded views are still pretty difficult to use to see if their parts match up with the gun in question. I've had to do some work on mine myself. Right now my son is using it because it's got a 15 1/2" length of pull. He's got a wingspan like a condor and we still have to put a Limbsaver pad on it to get the LOP anywhere near long enough.

Mine is choked Full/Modified, so it's not really good for skeet, so think about what you want to use it for. They are rather crudely made, but functional. I think I paid $170 for mine back in 1979-80. I doubt that the their used value is much over $100, but there's probably a listing in some gun value book somewhere. I suspect that there are some better under $200 values out there.

Bill Bain
Atlanta
Winchester Select 101

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:01 pm 
Utility Grade

Thanks Bill

I was looking for a entry level shotgun. Thanks for the info. I think this shotgun would be good for me to get started .. I'll look into other options and read up a bit.

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:52 pm 
Utility Grade

Would 75.00 be a fair value for this shotgun ?

Thanks