It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Copper State Open - Ben Avery Jan 6-8, 2012
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:27 pm 
Tournament Grade

My son and I participated in the Main Event today, continuing tomorrow. Our first tournament, I guess we were a little nervous. Definitely know that we should have done better.

Weather was a beautiful 70+ degrees. Met some good folk, from other parts of Arizona and out of state. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Anyone else on SGW participating? I know there is Fitsac and 5-stand also.

Best of luck shooters for the final day tomorrow!

Post subject: Re: Copper State Open - Ben Avery Jan 6-8, 2012
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:40 am 
Utility Grade

hope you shoot was enjoyable to the end.
targets were set up for the "locals" not the pros. very refreshing and I saw plenty of smiles as people were challenged with targets they could hit , provided of course that they had some basic shooting skills, as opposed to being overwhelmed by 60 yard bullets on edge .'
still there were enough challenging pairs that one had to get their technique perfect
the seperator targets on FITASC were just that
all in all another well run tournament at ben Avery
Its time for a US OPEN in the desert!! hotels ,airport, property , weather, plenty of knowledgeable trappers. come on NSCA lets get this out of the" good ole boys club" and get a new venue!!

Post subject: Re: Copper State Open - Ben Avery Jan 6-8, 2012
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:57 pm 
Field Grade

My youngest son (17) shot Sat & Sun, and a round a 5-stand Sunday as well. Had a great time - It's his third tournament and he loves shooting clays.

The 5-stand was his fist time ever shooting that event and it kicked him in the butt lol.