CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: BC Miroku 12 Gauge Over/Under
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:49 am 
Utility Grade

My father gave me one of his guns - again. He told me it's fine if I sell it so I'm trying to find a value. It's a BC Miroku 12-gauge over/under. He bought it in Japan when he was in the Navy in the late 60s or very early 70s. Had to have been before 1970. He says he doesn't think he ever shot it. Doesn't look like it's been shot. It looks brand new. I mean 100% perfection. Anyway, there are very ornate carvings around the chamber area. One of the barrels is a stronger choke than the other. There is a thumb switch for barrels (one trigger). You pull down/left/up (or vice versa) to switch. He said he thought it's a trap/skeet gun or maybe for pheasants.

I know at some point this manufacturer become Charles Daly. However, this gun has no such markings. It only says BC Miroku. Miroku Firearms MFG Co - Kochi Japan. And again - this thing is showroom-perfect.

Do I need an expert appraiser -or is there some other online source where I could look up a serial number, etc.?

Anyone have an idea on value?

Post subject: Re: BC Miroku 12 Gauge Over/Under
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:25 am 
Crown Grade

Miroku made and makes guns for several companies like Daly and Browning as well as sell them under their own name.

If its as nice as you say, and your Dad gave it to you, I'd keep it. Maybe your son or daughter will be into shooting even if you aren't.

Post subject: Re: BC Miroku 12 Gauge Over/Under
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:15 pm 
Crown Grade

Post some clear, close-up photos of the sides and bottom of your Miroku O/U showing the engraving pattern. That may help the folks on this forum to I.D. the model and hopefully estimate a value for you.

DF

Montani Semper Liberi