CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 870 trigger Assembly
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:48 pm 
Tournament Grade

Can you swap a 12 gauge 870 Express trigger assembly for a 20 gauge 870 Express trigger assembly. The 20 fits in the 12 but the 12 dont fit in the 20. If your read my postings on 870 misfires, I want to see if the trigger assembly is bad or the slide lock. Thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: 870 trigger Assembly
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:03 pm 
The slide lock is in the trigger assembly. The 12 and 20 gauge trigger assembly's are the same except for the gauge specific lifters. They aren't interchangeable unless you switch the lifters. BTW, I'm the same "guest" who responded to your other post and suggested the slide lock might be your problem. I have done a bit of gunsmithing on a professional level and am curious what it turns out to be.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:15 pm 
Tournament Grade

well, I put my factory barrel back on my gun tonight and shot 20 rounds of ammo through the gun and not 1 misfire. I guess the Hasting Paradox CSD barrel is defective. I still dont understand why the gun would not cock the hammer. I heard of these barrels bringing the shells to far forward and not allowing the firing pin to hit the primer.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:28 pm 

Your hammer was cocked!....the reason the gun would not fire is that the rim cut was not deep enough to allow the bolt to go to battery with a shell in the chamber (insufficient headspace). This can be very easily corrected by any gunsmith with a proper reamer and headspace gauge. Mike Orlen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:05 pm 
take the barrel back where you got it or return it to hastings and have them make good on everything, after all it was their screwup!