CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: American Hunter Review: Baikal MP 153 Shotgun
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:39 pm 
Utility Grade

Thought I would post a review on the mp 153 , it was done on 12/7/2011.

http://www.americanhunter.org/articles/ ... 3-shotgun/

Post subject: Re: American Hunter Review: Baikal MP 153 Shotgun
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:15 pm 
Crown Grade

Thanks for posting. I get American Hunter but I don't remember seeing that article in the magazine.

I like this comment: "The only complaint at all about the gun’s cycling is that it makes a metallic “boing” sound that reverberates after each shot."

I thought the same thing when I first shot mine, particularly with a set of muffs that touches the stock. Whether it is the material or the geometry, something in the stock allows that harmonic. It did not take long for me to put some polyethylene foam inside the stock to damp that reverberation.

Jeremiah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:44 pm 
Presentation Grade

too bad they don't make a 20ga!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:48 pm 
Field Grade

Concerning the sound, not that it bothers me, but i had the idea to fashion a little oval rubber damper, and fit it inside the wood where it meets the receiver, you have to disassemble the stock for that, this way the rear of the bolt makes very little contact with the back end of the receiver because the end that protrudes from the oval hole at the back of the receiver meets with the rubber damper which absorbs most of the resonance, try it, it does no harm.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:21 pm 
Crown Grade

The gun writer reviewed the synthetic stock version. Mine is synthetic as well. Closed cell foam did a good job of damping out the vibration.

Jeremiah