CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Versa Max pistol grip
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:50 pm 
Limited Edition

:(
I have been reading the post that TuJays started about the Versa Max as I am intereseted in buying a 12 ga. semi auto with light recoil. I am 73 right handed and having some problems with my right shoulder.
However, I don't intend to quit hunting and have been trying to read the post, or at least some of it.
Some where in there I read about a guy who bought a Versa Max and parted with it quickly, one reason being that the pistol grip is TOO LONG and it's hard to reach the trigger if you try to get a firm grip on the lower portion of the grip.

Today I was able to handle a Versa Max, a Benelli M2 and a Beretta Extrema II at our local Dick's store.

My golf glove size is a Medium/ Large for my left hand and my right hand is a little bigger - just a reference for you other folks. A M/L glove means your hand is a large but your fingers are a little shorter than a full large size.
Anyway I agree with the person that said they made the pistol grip too long and too open for us guys with hands of my size. The Versa Max and the M2 are both too big for me to comfortably control. The Extrema II is OK and I'm looking to buy one of them used.

I would like to thank the person that made the earlier post as it gave me a tip to check the Versa Max out before buying one.
In the past I have bought a SBE II, an M2 and a Super Light that didn't fit my hand., I'm glad I didn't have to find out the hard way on the Versa Max. Too bad as it sounds like a nice gun otherwise.

Ernie