CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking at a Browning 325 Citori
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:05 pm 
Tournament Grade

Thinking of picking up a nice 325 but don't know the diff. between it and the other 25 series Citoris. Price is good and it fits nice. Just wondering how they're holding up. Any problems getting parts etc. Thanks

Post subject: Re: Looking at a Browning 325 Citori
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:19 pm 
Field Grade

I have one it has been a great gun, I actually for me prefer the 325 fit to my 425. And being a lefty, the 525 and up have been out. Does it have invector or invector plus chokes, depending on age they came both ways. They also tended to have a little nicer wood back then

claytargethntr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:23 am 
Tournament Grade

Thanks. It's 30" invector plus. 12ga. Don't know which grade but it's still stiff to open. Not many rounds through this one. I've been using a 28" Lightning for sporting clays but think this might be a step up. Just want to be sure it's the quality we expect from Citori.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:52 pm 
Crown Grade

The 325 was the first after the Gti and Special Sporting and typically came with a grade II or better wood on them. Good guns, will last a long time and any competent smith can fix them

"Support our troops; we'll need them to overthrow our government"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Jacks Grampa wrote:
Thinking of picking up a nice 325 but don't know the diff. between it and the other 25 series Citoris. Price is good and it fits nice. Just wondering how they're holding up. Any problems getting parts etc. Thanks

As far as I know (which may not be very much :D ) the 325's are basically the same as the 425, 525, and 625 series guns. However, it has now been ABOUT 20 years since the 325 was last made.

Also, Browning sells a bunch of Citori models other than the 25 series which may serve your purpose (whatever that may be).

If it were me making the decision, I would consider looking around at other used Citoris and see what I could find. You might find a better deal or find one you like better. I'm not suggesting that there is anything wrong with the 325. I'm just saying that if you're not familiar with the various Citori models (and apparently you aren't), then it might be a good idea to shop around before making any buying decisions. It's still a buyer's market and good deals are plentiful.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:36 pm 
Tournament Grade

I wouldn't say I'm unfamiliar with the Miroku product. Citori, some Winchester 101s, Charles Daly and even a few branded Miroku. Just making sure I'm not getting the one lemon an otherwise good manufacturer might have put out. Thanks for all the advice. I think I'll get it. Surely the longer barrels and all those extra holes will lead to more broken clays. Regardless, it mounts and swings smoother for me than the Lightning. Thanks for all the input, James

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:41 pm 
Presentation Grade

The 325, 425,GTI, XS, Special Sporting, and XT all share the same receiver configuration and all the different stocks will fit each other.

The 525 and the 625 have a different receiver configuration and they can share stocks.

The 725 is yet a completely different receiver that is not shared by any other Browning.

All of the later 325 and up models use the Invector Plus chokes except the 725 which has it's own completely different choke configuration which no other model uses.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:03 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

moocher wrote:
The 325, 425,GTI, XS, Special Sporting, and XT all share the same receiver configuration and all the different stocks will fit each other.

The 525 and the 625 have a different receiver configuration and they can share stocks.

The 725 is yet a completely different receiver that is not shared by any other Browning.

All of the later 325 and up models use the Invector Plus chokes except the 725 which has it's own completely different choke configuration which no other model uses.

Moocher,

Are you referring only to BUTTstocks, or does that include the forend piece? The reason I asked is that my XT forend will fit on my 525 barrel, but the 525 forend won't fit on the XT barrel. I think that is because the XT has heavier (thicker) barrels than the 525.

Maybe if my 525 were a 424 or 325, the forends might interchange. I don't know, but for some reason I'm a bit doubtful that they would........ unless, of course, you've tried it and can say that they will interchange.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:00 am 
Field Grade

All I can say is I have had good luck with my 325. Enjoy yours

claytargethntr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:41 am 
Tournament Grade

Thanks, I am enjoying it. Pulled the ejector springs so I don't have to chase hulls and am looking for lighter springs like I read on the Browning forum. It seems to have slightly more felt recoil than the Lightning. Probably just need to get used to it. Shoots great and swings much smoother with the longer barrels.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:17 am 
Diamond Grade

Jacks Grampa wrote:

Bought one in 1994 and just last week brought it in for a receiver/trigger tune-up for the first time, although it was still performing ok. Locking bolt tune and all springs replaced by smith as part of his service.

I can't compare it to the other 25 series guns as I've never had one, but IMO you couldn't go wrong with the 325 if it's in good shape. Parts are easy to get I would imagine as Citoris are pretty common guns.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:05 am 
Crown Grade

Ah yes, the B325. Started the whole series of *25 series target guns. Quite possibly the best of the lot. The original 325 used a solid monoblock and barrels. Browning then cheaped out afterwards on the 425 and the barrels were sleeved on for cost reasons. I bought my 325 back in 1993 and still use it today for both skeet and sporting clays. I've rotated it with other guns and it's still in mint condition. I will never get rid of this gun, it's part of the family.

Here. take a look...

can you tell how much I love this gun! :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:01 am 
Tournament Grade

Thanks Slugo, looks just like mine. Except for the case. Where did you you get that. I'm using a Browning case but yours looks nicer. BTW is the finish on your forstock just a little nicer than the buttstock? Mine is. Not a whole grade but just a little nicer.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:08 am 
Crown Grade

The Browning hard cases are junk! Picked up two of them on sale back some years ago. Better alternatives abound...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:11 am 
Crown Grade

Nice 325. I think that was the best Browning B25's out there. Great feeling gun to shoot.