CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 620 VS price
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:06 pm 
Presentation Grade

i just bought a 20ga 620 VS tonight for $399. walked into Cabelas and it was on the used rack. i picked it up and it just felt right so i bought it. cabela's used prices are soup to nuts so the question is did i get an ok deal? i've been looking for a woman/youth gun and this is light enough to fit the bill. don't know anything about Franchi guns other than i like the way they feel and look. guys on this forum told me the 48AL probably had more recoil than a woman would like otherwise i would have bought one of them a while ago because of how nice it felt. how old is the 620? i see it is not on Franchi's web site. the seriel # is HH07526 if the helps with the date of manufacture. i hope it is as soft a shooter as it is good looking.

Post subject: Re: 620 VS price
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:37 am 
Presentation Grade

I really don't know much about Franchi guns but I can tell you this. Light weight often equates to stiff recoil. If this gun is for youths or beginning lady shooters, you may turn them off shooting with a gun that kicks! Young men will often stand there, take the beating and come back for more but a lady will usually walk away and never come back.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:00 pm 
Presentation Grade

The 620 is the same as the 720 except for the semi humpback receiver. It is a few years old. Most sell in the 500 plus range that I have seen if they are in good condition. The 720 is now discontinued I believe.

If you are looking for a youth gun, they make a short stock for the 720. This will fit the 620. The problem with cutting down an adult stock is you really change the drop a lot.

The 620 uses shims to adjust drop and cast. You should be able to make it fit.

I have a 620 and a 720 youth. The 620 is my favorite gun and gets the most use. The youth model has a very heavy trigger but I guess that is for obvious reasons.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:57 am 
Presentation Grade

i didn't get the shim kit with the gun so i will try Franchi to see if they have any left for sale. i sent them an email about a youth stock but they told me they were only a warranty enter and gave me Carlson's phone number to contact about a youth stock. i'm a little confused about parts (if ever needed) and where to buy them. i just assumed Franchi USA would be the place but apparently they must out source their parts dept.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:36 am 
Presentation Grade

finally got to shoot my 620 yesterday. i was really surprised at how soft a shooter it is with standard trap loads. considering it is a lb lighter than a 1100 LT the recoil felt lighter. even with the factory recoil pad it is going to be a soft enough shooter for any woman or youth to handle. now i just need to find a youth stock for it.