CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: C.S. Shattuck Shotgun
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:03 pm 
You guys are great and I am enjoying this.

I (we, a guy I work with) have a C S Shattuck American Side Snap single shot 16 ga and are looking for any information that someone might give. An estimated value would be great, the gun is in Very Good condition.

Post subject: Re: C.S. Shattuck Shotgun
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:49 pm 
Crown Grade

The C.S. Shattuck Arms Company was located in Hatfield MA and was in business from 1878 to 1908.
Shattuck guns have little collector interest, from what I understand.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 7:39 pm 
marlands,
i recently picked up one of the s h shattuck side snap shotguns.
understand it is not a collectors piece, but where can i get some info on the company, history and true value fo the gun?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:49 pm 
Crown Grade

All the history of Shattuck I have been able to find was listed above... you might try searching some of the gun auction sites to see if there's one on the block and see what it brings.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:16 am 
Utility Grade

I just recived a 16 g single shot CS Shattuck shotgun It has been in the family for over 100 years so whats the story on these guns ?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:37 pm 
Presentation Grade

Marland has given most of what is known. Company was started in 1875 in Hatfield MA.by Andrew Hyde & Charles s, Shattuck. In 1880, Shattuck took control. Best Known for inexpensive Hand guns and single barrel shotguns. They went out of business in 1909. Their single barrels are valued from $35 to $75, depending on condition. The 8 bores will command more. Have a good day.. Bushrod

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:32 am 
Utility Grade

My aunt has my uncle's C. S. Shattuck side by side double and wanted a value. It is in rough shape. Loose action, cracked forearm, missing wood where stock meets action, dents in barrel. I suggested $200. Is that realistic? It has damascus patern barrels.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:55 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Fireball - It might have brought $200 a couple of years ago when interior decorators were more into the western theme, but in the condition you describe, I'd say that's a bit high.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:05 pm 
Field Grade

Alas, in the condition you describe, your aunt would be lucky to $25. There is little interest in these guns unless they are excellent condition.
If I were still in the parts business, I would only pay $10.
Not mean-spirited, just a fact of life.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:02 pm 
Utility Grade

Just a bit more info (it's hard to find) I found in research for my single shot 12. Ga. C.S. Shattuck was a Major in the 6th Vermont Infantry in the Civil War. He opened his shop in Hatfield, MA around 1878. This info is from "A History of Hatfield, MA" located on the web at
http://www.archive.org/stream/ahistoryh ... g_djvu.txt