CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beretta Mark II single-barrel trap gun
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:31 pm 
Presentation Grade

I picked up an interesting trap gun today: a Beretta Mark II single-barrel, break-open trap gun. It's an old gun, but in decent shape. It's choked full (actually, a bit tighter than full). I shot three rounds of 16-yard trap with it, and scored 22, 23, and 22, which is quite good for me--especially with an unfamiliar gun. I got it for $700.00.

Anyway, I can't find any info about this model. My Google searches turned up nothing. I will appreciate any info anyone can supply. Thanks!

Tom

Post subject: Re: Beretta Mark II single-barrel trap gun
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:11 am 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

I picked one up a few years ago intending to make a "super full" trapgun by back boring it a bit. LOTS of steel in those barrels--they look like a cannon. Actually they are a pretty darn good gun (on par with a browning BT-99 in my opinion) They were a common fixture back in the 70's and early 80's and lots of guys shot them really well.

I ended up selling the one I had a few months ago,and from what you said you paid, I had it stolen---LOL

Post subject: Re: Beretta Mark II single-barrel trap gun
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:29 am 
Presentation Grade

Driller,

Thanks for the info. I shot a BT-99 right before I shot the Beretta Mark II. I expected to love the BT-99, but could hardly hit anything with it. I went out with the Mark II and hit 22 right off the bat. I also noticed the BT-99 kicked harder.

You're right: The Mark II is solidly built. The previous owner put a Browning butt pad on it, but it seems otherwise unaltered.

I’m going to pattern it this morning to see how high it shoots; it felt like 60/40 or maybe 70/30. I wonder whether parts are available for this gun.

Tom