CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Champion Iver Johnson Arms & Cycle Works 12 Gauge Shotgun
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:35 pm 
Utility Grade

Hello,
I have a champion iver johnson 12 gauge single shot shotgun with a serial number with 25584 stamped on the lug and on the barrel side of the metal plate on the forestock, and TGIF stamped behind the trigger guard. It has a crosshatch pattern on the barrel release. It has a 26" barrel. Im really wanting to know the history behind it if avaible the value of it. I'm 19 and I got this from my great grand-father.

Post subject: Champion Iver Johnson Arms & Cycle Works 12 Gauge Shotgun
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:43 pm 
Limited Edition

Ask in the "Shotgun Id and Value" forum. There are people there who can answer.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Post subject: Re: Champion Iver Johnson Arms & Cycle Works 12 Gauge Shotgu
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:43 am 
Crown Grade

If you got this from your great-grandfather, then it is priceless because of the stories that go along with it. It's not a shooter and is not rare, but should be hung on the wall with respect.

Helpful suggestion? This gun is not worth money. It is worth more than that. Get your GGF to tell you the stories that go along with the gun. Those are worth more than the gun.

My personally addressed autographed Mickey Mantle picture taught me that.

It doesn't have much monetary value and is most valuable to you or your family members.

WEAPONRY: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyopDuw1rhs